Gigantour Setlist

You're the worst homer for this band I've seen..

IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD LIVE!!!

That's his whole point. It sounded like shit live and the only way they were even able to pull the song off was through studio magic.
My point is, so what? It sounds good on album. They shouldn't play it live, but "studio magic?" So what?

You're the only person on this planet that wants to hear STYE beginning to end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

What was the band order at these shows? I am assuming High on Fire and JFAC are the first two acts on, is it basically CoB, IF then Megadeth after that? Trying to time it so I can skip High on Fire and JFAC since they're terrible wastes of time and space.

High on Fire (great live, shitty on album)
JFAC (really shitty on album, okay live)
CoB (prepare for the crowd surge)
IF
Megadeth
Don't skip high on fire. Great live band.

I would check out HoF but that would mean having to see JFAC shortly after them :( I can't sit through even one of their songs without wanting to escape it as soon as possible.

Anyone have a Montreal or Toronto setlist for In Flames?

Montreal and Toronto.... two more Canadian teams that aren't going to win the cup this year.

Go Wings

I would check out HoF but that would mean having to see JFAC shortly after them :( I can't sit through even one of their songs without wanting to escape it as soon as possible.

Not that bad live. On album, suckage. Live, okay. Worth sitting through for HoF. Just go to the bathroom or whatever.

I wish they would play Jotun more often. I've seen In Flames 5 or 6 times now and that is the one song I've always wanted to hear more than any other. Only the first 2 times I saw them were actually good performances though... last leg of the Clayman tour (coheadline with Iced Earth) and first headline leg of the Reroute tour.

Gigantour in Detroit tonight... doubtful that they'll play Jotun but I can always wish.

For us, In Flames ruled the evening last night in Detroit -- even though it was one of the worst nights for a gig I've ever experienced. It was cold, windy, rainy, and bone-chilling damp.

Here are the set times for each band:

High on Fire (5:30-6:00)
Job For a Cowboy (6:18-6:50)
Children of Bodom (7:10-7:47)
In Flames (8:08-8:56)
Megadeth (9:30 - ?)

Regarding the first two bands, the phrase "If you can't say anything nice about something, don't say anything at all" comes to mind. 'Nuff said.

COB did a fine job. First time seeing them. Loved Alexi's black and purple guitar. If you don't like F-bombs, you'll hate COB. Alexi's vocabulary is, apparently, quite limited. Thankfully, he didn't talk to the crowd much.

In Flames put on a great show. And that was despite the fact that it was so cold that Anders had to put on a jacket after the first song! (More about the temperature in a moment.)

Does anyone know the setlist from the Detroit show? It wasn't what I've seen posted here a few times. They changed the order of the songs.

At one point, after the first song or two, Anders looked into the middle of the audience and said, "I don't understand how you guys can stand still wearing just a t-shirt. I'm wearing this and I'm freezing my ass off. And I'm from Sweden."

The crowd laughed. (Or tried to. It's hard to laugh when one's teeth are clenched together.)

Then, the band launched into "Clayman."

Just before playing "Graveland," Anders said, "This song goes out to all the Jester Heads here tonight. The song is called...'Graveland.'"

Next up: "Disconnected." It was then when I turned to my wife and said, "You can see his breath! It must be nearly freezing up there on stage." The way the wind was blowing, it must have been hitting the musicians full in the face. We looked up in the lights and swore we saw flecks of rain being carried in by the wind.

The crowd was quieter than any I've heard at DTE. The show was far from sold out (huge sections of seats on both sides of the venue were as bare as Mother Hubbard's cupboard), and the weather kept teeth chattering and bodies huddled together. When the wind picked up, it felt like a night in March. (FYI: March in Michigan is a friggin' nightmare. Still snow on the ground!)

"Disconnected" was followed by another one off A Sense of Purpose. Before playing it, Anders said, "We're going to force you to listen to another new track. This song is called 'Move Through Me.'"

During "Move Through Me," some clown from the audience managed to leap onto the stage and run up behind Anders. The kid waved to the audience and then put his arm around Anders as he sang. Anders looked back to see who it was and, noticed it wasn't a fellow band member, tried to move up toward the audience to get away from the kid. But the kid moved with him, more or less with his arm draped around Anders, clutching onto him. After what seemed like an eternity, a burly security guard ran out from behind the amps in back of the stage, pulled the kid off Anders, dragged him violently stage right, tripped and fell on the kid. The kid lost one of his shoes, which Peter Iwers (In Flames' bass player) almost tripped over. The shoe (an oversized basketball or running shoe) remained on stage for another song before it was kicked off to the side.

With all of the security at DTE, I'm surprised this kid was able to leap the barrier. And even more surprised no one saw him on stage for nearly 3-4 minutes! Thank God the kid intended no harm to Anders.

More stage banter after that song: "Here's something just a little faster. It's called, 'Take This Life.'"

Just before playing their last song of the evening, Anders said,

"Thank you Detroit for showing us love and respect. We'll be back some time later, around November. We'll pay some more shit for you. This is called 'My Sweet Shadow.' Thank you very much everyone."

The band ended its set a few minutes before nine.

We sat fourth row, stage right. Roughly about 15 feet away from the band members playing that side of the stage. We saw facial expressions and how the band members interacted with one another. The gig was a great experience, from that perspective.

I gained a lot of respect for Anders and In Flames last night. Just to give you an example of what class looks and sounds like, Alexi from COB addressed the crowd with this: "The weather fuckin' sucks dick...even though the weather sucks and this venue pretty much sucks, you guys are great."

Anders, on the other hand, didn't criticize the weather or the venue. He referenced the cold by joking about it, didn't curse the venue, and played a kick-ass show.

The guys in the band laughed and smiled a lot. Anders was polite and respectful to the audience. He came off as a genuinely nice guy.

Of all the bands that played at DTE last night, In Flames seemed the most professional (in spite of conditions) and, for want of a better word, human. They played great songs, and played them well. I've seen In Flames a couple of times before starting around the year 2000. But I appreciated them more last night than ever before.

In short, I was an In Flames fan before DTE. But now I'm a total fan boy. Anders and crew earned my respect and gratitude last night -- big time!

NOTE: I checked the temperature for last night. After the sun went down, it was about 48 degrees, with a wind chill ("feels like") temperature of about 42 degrees. That's about 9 degrees Celsius at the top end and 5.5 degrees Celsius for the bottom line. Cold in any language. :)

Thanks for the reading dude. Quite interesting. Fuck that kid who jumped on Anders and fuck the guards:)

Nice story dude. I've heard Anders is a really nice guy and a great frontman, i've yet to see them live.

I'm Australian and they only came here i think in 2004 or 2005 which i wasn't really into the Gothenburg sound.

Purple Crayon Writer-

Nice write up of the concert, I was there last night also.

You did a lot better of a job of writing up the setlist than I could have.

I was too drunk and don't know half of the dog shit songs that In Flames played last night.

The whole "don't have something nice to say..." Screw that.

It was awful. I don't know if I've ever been that let down at a concert before.

Fucks sake@! It's In Flames and they close with My Sweet Shadow??!!

They suck. Last night sucked. Fuck them, and fuck that setlist.

We didn't get SHIT in terms of older In Flames, we got later day garbage.

In short, I was disappointed when I saw setlists that they have been playing of recent and that setlist was no different.

That last part about me not knowing In Flames because I didn't know they were going to close with My Sweet Shadow made no sense.

The In Flames setlist was disappointing. It would've been nice to see either Morphing Into Primal or Scorn, which I've seen were played in other cities.

We got Graveland and Clayman... and Transparent, one of the worst songs in the In Flames catalogue.

or as plintass remind to everyone in here, you can join this tro0 forum only for wankers

JesterAss > FesterHead :Smug:

In fact, don't be fooled by the "ass" suggestion: ass-licking is happening in a different place...

Jesterass is not for 'wankers' but for fans who don't want to pay silly amounts of money to access a forum where you are not allowed to criticise the band at all. On the other hand, you DO get an uber cool jesterhead t shirt and exclusive news updates!!