The Quiet Place
Clayman
Morphing Into Primal
Transparent
Move Through Me
Come clarity
Take this life
My sweet shadow

That order still feels wrong but I'm pretty sure with most of it.

And I know what I saw, I'm not going to say 100% that it's what I believe, but it raises some fucking questions. And no, not guitar techs, they had monitors in front of them.

AWESOME show however. Except (blow)Job for a Cowboy. They sucked. Saw the back part of the stage during their set, had guitarists playing the shit hiding in the back. People on stage were just for show. Thats fucking wrong.

They're a shitty band, but they are undeniably technically solid. I don't believe they weren't playing their own stuff. Also, because it would be really obvious. I think what you saw were guitar techs.

Correction:

The Mirror's Truth
Leeches
Cloud Connected
DISCONNECTED (forgot about this one.)
The Quiet Place
Clayman
Morphing Into Primal
Transparent
Move Through Me
Come clarity
Take this life
My sweet shadow
QUOTE]

This makes me want to die. What happened to Episode 666? Artifacts? Hell even Only for the Weak would be the best song on this list had it been played (well MIP is great but c'mon....not their best concert material off of Whoracle).:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Just got back from the show. In Flames is dead to me.

Setlist:
The Mirror's Truth
Disconnected
The Quiet Place
Clayman
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Graveland
Move Through Me
Come Clarity
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Oh boy, I don't even know where to start with this one, this live show just sucked. You should have seen the band members expressions during Disconnected, they looked like they had just finished playing the song for a trillionth time or something.

It was painful to sit through the chorus of The Mirror's Truth, simply because Anders could not hit those high notes. On top of that, the vocals are so fucking layered it's ridiculous. At one point, during Trigger I think, Anders stopped a scream early, meanwhile the backing vocals went on for another 5 seconds or so. Anders and Bjorn both looked embarrassed and while I'm mentioning Bjorn, he needs to grow some damn hair.

Did I mention the setlist sucked yet? Graveland and Clayman were the highlights, and Graveland, A: is a poor choice for a live song from an album filled with classics and B: sounded like utter shit due to the guitars. Clayman was nice, but I was pissed because they started it with that damn electric noise that they always start Scorn with. Regardless, Clayman was still the best song they played at the show.

Lets see, where are we? Ah yes, the crowd. Although this wasn't really the bands fault, it still irked me. The crowd was so fucking dead, and when a small group of people tried to start a circle pit, the other fans that were just standing around started getting pissed and yelled at them to go away. Are you fucking kidding me? We're at a metal show! The ONLY time the crowd picked up was when they played Come Clarity, in which, ironically enough people started putting up devil horns. o_O

I'm so tired of trying to convince myself to like the newer music. I was hoping seeing them live would at least make me appreciate them more, but it just turned me off completely. I managed to get a guitar pick from them as well, but I really don't even know why I picked it up in the first place.

^ That's one of the biggest problems with their current live show. Anders sings to a backing track on almost every single song post Clayman, and it sounds like shit. He really doesn't have good clean vocals. It's all studio magic. And that is very apparent when you see them live. You can make it sound as perfect as you want in the studio -- when you get in front of a live crowd, people WILL know you're full of shit.

Setlist:
The Mirror's Truth
Disconnected
The Quiet Place
Clayman
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Graveland
Move Through Me
Come Clarity
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Oh boy, I don't even know where to start with this one, this live show just sucked. You should have seen the band members expressions during Disconnected, they looked like they had just finished playing the song for a trillionth time or something.

It was painful to sit through the chorus of The Mirror's Truth, simply because Anders could not hit those high notes. On top of that, the vocals are so fucking layered it's ridiculous. At one point, during Trigger I think, Anders stopped a scream early, meanwhile the backing vocals went on for another 5 seconds or so. Anders and Bjorn both looked embarrassed and while I'm mentioning Bjorn, he needs to grow some damn hair.

Did I mention the setlist sucked yet? Graveland and Clayman were the highlights, and Graveland, A: is a poor choice for a live song from an album filled with classics and B: sounded like utter shit due to the guitars. Clayman was nice, but I was pissed because they started it with that damn electric noise that they always start Scorn with. Regardless, Clayman was still the best song they played at the show.

Lets see, where are we? Ah yes, the crowd. Although this wasn't really the bands fault, it still irked me. The crowd was so fucking dead, and when a small group of people tried to start a circle pit, the other fans that were just standing around started getting pissed and yelled at them to go away. Are you fucking kidding me? We're at a metal show! The ONLY time the crowd picked up was when they played Come Clarity, in which, ironically enough people started putting up devil horns. o_O

I'm so tired of trying to convince myself to like the newer music. I was hoping seeing them live would at least make me appreciate them more, but it just turned me off completely. I managed to get a guitar pick from them as well, but I really don't even know why I picked it up in the first place.

I think that's the problem with In flames live, let's face it; In flames isn't the greatest live metal band out there, just playing 2 old songs, graveland and Clayman isn't realy something to be happy about.

Another bad thing is, In flames thinks the fans won't like too much old songs (according to an interview or something? atleast someone said it.)

It would be great if In flames played a good combination of old and new songs, just a few old songs isn't great, look at Metallica for example!

Setlist:
The Mirror's Truth
Disconnected
The Quiet Place
Clayman
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Graveland
Move Through Me
Come Clarity
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Leeches was in there somewhere near the beginning... I completely forgot where though. I think before The Quiet Place?

Im sure they are better when they headline...

I haven't seen them since 2002..they kicked ass...maybe they are bored now.. but it seems like they play more shows then ever.

^ That's one of the biggest problems with their current live show. Anders sings to a backing track on almost every single song post Clayman, and it sounds like shit. He really doesn't have good clean vocals. It's all studio magic. And that is very apparent when you see them live. You can make it sound as perfect as you want in the studio -- when you get in front of a live crowd, people WILL know you're full of shit.
If it sounds good, who gives a fuck how they do it? I'm sick of people whining about bands "cheating" in the studio. The only thing that matters is the end result. it's not like protools has a button that makes everything sound good.
Also, in flames should play their ''classics'' more often. :kickass:
I think you're on your own with that one. Personally, I wish they'd go back to just playing STYE beginning to end.

The only thing that matters is the end result, huh? Spoken like a true asshole. Yeah, who gives a shit if the vocals are completely bogus, it still sounds good. EXCEPT when you see them live. Which is my point. You can always measure how good a band actually is when they're playing live. The rest of the band sounds great, but Anders doesn't. It sounds so fake.

And who gives a fuck how they do it? I do. Because when I pay to go see a live show, I want a good performance. Not an hour and a half of Anders whining over a fucking backing track.

metalkicksass said:
Also, in flames should play their ''classics'' more often. :kickass:

Good call. It's happening slowly but surely. The addition of Morphing Into Primal recently is pretty awesome.

You know what the worst part was? Seeing all these fans getting into the shit of Come Clarity, but just standing around during the older stuff. If I ever see them again, I think I'm gonna buy a shitload of Clayman, Colony, Whoracle, and TJR albums and just start handing them out like fliers to the fans.

Well, it seems they mixed things up a bid tonight in New York. Aside from all of the newer stuff that I frankly don't much care for, they played Pinball Map, MIP, and unless I was hallucinating I swear I heard Behind Space.

This band has so many GREAT songs from many GREAT albums. I also just do not understand why 80% of their live set on this tour is what I consider to be utter crap.

Behind Space? O lawd.

I don't mind the backing tracks in some songs, ie. Black and White, when I think they enhance the chorus, but there seems to be backing vocals in every song with cleans in now (and at Rock AM Ring when the mic fucked up during system, there's also backing growls...). It kinda sucks Anders can't do it live, I mean, the band's excuse for recording simpler shit is that it's easier to play live, so why is Anders making it harder for himself by recording vocals he cannot perform in a live setting?

And yea, it is a shame that people don't get into the older In Flames stuff. It was kinda the same when I went to see Dark Tranquillity tho, when they played Punish My Heaven so many of the crowd stood there looking dumbfounded, it was pathetic, considering it's a fuckin' classic.

If it sounds good, who gives a fuck how they do it? I'm sick of people whining about bands "cheating" in the studio. The only thing that matters is the end result. it's not like protools has a button that makes everything sound good.

I think you're on your own with that one. Personally, I wish they'd go back to just playing STYE beginning to end.
Heh, that's what ProTools is designed to do.

Cloud Connected
The Mirror's Truth

--not in order--

Pinball Map
Behind Space
Alias (major downer, slow and just boring)
Transparent
Morphing Into Primal
The Quiet Place
Come Clarity (there was a fist fight in the moshpit during it)
Take This Life

I Am The Highway (!!!)

---

My Sweet Shadow

Well...

Best fucking setlist on tour so far.

Great fucking show - as it oughta be.

First night was a disappointment :(

I hate people that actually start fighting in mosh pits. Some person gets hit and decides to take it personally. But yeah, that was a decent setlist I suppose. A whopping 3 older songs! A new record for this tour!