Gimme something fucking unique!

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
Sorry if this thread sucks, but I figured I had nothing to lose from asking for some help. I want to hear some metal that is just completely different and unique, as much as possible. I wanna hear something where I will say "wow, I had no idea that something like that would have ever existed!" Ya know? This shouldn't be THAT hard for you since I'm fairly new to metal, but I'm very well acquinated with a buttload of metal's different styles, so reccomend me some stuff that even you consider to be completley unprecedented and different.

And note that I'm not just talking progressive here. Being progressive alone doesn't make you any different, since you're still the same as the rest of the progressive metal bands. Personally I find that a lot of bands which are supposed to be really strange just end up sounding mundane because their attempts to be weird are too obvious to make it actually feel weird.

Thanks my brothers!

Yea, the band Wormed seems to be appropriate to many of the recent topics in this section.

Try them, you won't be disappointed.

I don't think you'd appreciate Unexpect that much if you're relatively new to metal. Especially after TS said "end up sounding mundane because their attempts to be weird are too obvious to make it actually feel weird" I don't think it's that appropriate. They do sound a lot like they're wackos doing random crap at the start, to be honest.

Awesome band though...

1037.JPG

try this.

Atrox (especially their album "Terrestrials", though some of the vocals on "Contentum" - I´m thinking of "Lizard Dance" in particular - might be even crazier)