girls favorite metal bands

i always noticed that girls tend to like power and prog metal more than anything else, this just kinda proves it haha. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, for some good power/prog metal may i suggest you check out Symphony X, they should be right up your alley.

I would also highly reccommend Symphony X, they are one of my favorites. Great lyrics, mythical and surreal without going over the top. Also, if you like Mikael's growls on Opeth, check out Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage. It's just good old fashion brutal death, and I do mean death, metal.
There are some members of Katatonia in the band also, and Dan Swano plays drums. I really hope that isn't the only CD they release.

Good to hear there are actually some women into metal, keep up the good work.

iAMtheblackwizards said:
i always noticed that girls tend to like power and prog metal more than anything else, this just kinda proves it haha.
I wouldn't say that, I think power metal actually has the smallest female following of all the metal genres... or at least where I come from. Most metal chicks I've seen are into death/black (though many of them are probably just wannabe goths only into it for the image) or 80s sluts who are glam rock groupies.

Silent Spirit said:
I would also highly reccommend Symphony X, they are one of my favorites. Great lyrics, mythical and surreal without going over the top. Also, if you like Mikael's growls on Opeth, check out Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage. It's just good old fashion brutal death, and I do mean death, metal.
There are some members of Katatonia in the band also, and Dan Swano plays drums. I really hope that isn't the only CD they release.

They have an EP that has 3 songs on it, i got it yesterday as a matter of fact, its just as awesome, but what else would you expect.

some bands i like: Naglfar, Godgory, Illnath, Skyfire, Hatesphere, Malevolence, Twilight Ophera, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kalmah, Ancient Wisdom, Lux Occulta, Mors Principium Est, Alastis, Amortis, Basilisk,.............
hm, there's so many more bands I like :)

I think it is awesome that you listen to Iced Earth, Blind Guardian and Nevermore, they are three great bands. Most chicks I know don't like that kind of stuff and listen to stuff along the lines of Poison, Bon Jovi, and Motley Crue. Since you are into bands like Iced Earth, Blind Guardian and Nevermore I suggest checking out Stratovarius, Helloween, and Edguy.

Other than the ones you listed, I like Katatonia, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Soilwork, Anathema, Neurosis, Maudlin of the Well, Amorphis, etc.