Give Metallica Some Goddamn Respect!

Metallica has talent and it's not bad that James took voice lessons. I mean what the hell is wrong with actualy singing? James LaBrie has a fucking opera coach. People are way too fucking quick to say a band sucks just for the simple fact that they don't like it. I don't care what anybody says, Metallica is talented. Not as Talented as say Dream Theater but still talented. Even NSYNC and Britney Spears are talented. I don't like their music but they have talent. They can sing and dance at the same time. or if you're Britney lip sync. Personally I think it was wrong to shut napser down. I don't realy think it made much of a defference to record sales. I can still download Metallica songs off of limewire or any gnutella program. I don't own one metallica album. I never realy liked metallica. I need to buy Kill em' all because I actualy like that one alot. But I always liked Megadeth more. And oh well Megadeth changed too but they put out some good shit.

president bush sucks. he infact has no talent accept in being a dumbass
-Jono-

Originally posted by vomit

The first chink in there armor arrived with the video, for "One". Not that it's a bad song or video. Prior to this they had always said they would never do a video. I realize all bands change and/or grow. This I saw as a change in the wrong direction. The sellout begins.....

Let's see.
Anthrax recorded a music video for "Madhouse" in 1985 or 86.
Megadeth recorded a music video for "Peace Sells" in 1986.
Didn't Slayer record a music video for a song on Reign in Blood?
Overkill recorded a music video for "Hello from the Gutter" and "Elimination," right?

So what's wrong with Metallica recording a music video after their fourth album?

Originally posted by nafnikufesin

AC/DC is probably my second favorite band after Anthrax. I love these guys for not being swayed by any trend that has passed them by, and just playing high voltage, ass kicking rock'n'roll year after year. I do find it funny that it takes them five years to put out an album of material that sounds just like the last album though. :lol:

I still go and see AC/DC (even though they were against having anthrax as opener in 1996) every 5 or so years that they come around on tour!! Always fucking amazing.

The Black album didn't suck.
Load didn't suck.
Re-load didn't suck.
Metallica the band sucks.

Justin-
If Metallica shut down Napster to everyone, then that's pretty fucking lame. I didn't follow the story at all so I don't know what happened. It seems everyone has been saying fuck Metallica because they did not want to be on Napster.

That's why they suck, because they shut down Napster to everyone. I downloaded "I Disappear" off of Napster to check it out. And then I was banned from Napster like hundred's of other music fans. I couldn't sign on and sample any music anymore.
(I was able to re-install it and use a different user name, though, until it was shut down.)

I didn't say, "Fuck Metallica because they did not want to be on Napster."
I am saying "Fuck Metallica for getting me kicked off of Napster, and then shutting down Napster so I can't sample music off of Napster."

Now Napster is gone, thanks to Metallica and the other selfish bands that went to court over it.
That is why I hate Metallica and hope Lars gets hit by a truck.
Fuck 'Em All.

Originally posted by ThraxMan

Now why in the hell are people trashing the black album?? I have heard many people say it sucks, etc...HELLO? Where have all of you been? Almost every track was released to radio! Not every band can do that anymore. And it was one of Metallica's better selling records. Do you really think that that album would have gotten all that exposure if it was not popular?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What the hell has being popular got to do with whether it sucks or not. The fucking backdoor boys are popular but they certainly suck. In fact, the fact that all it's songs are so fucking mainstream that they can be released to radio is why fans of their older heavier style claim that it sucks.

MindMorgue.

I concur!!!!!!! Nobody was bitching in the 80's when we taped songs off of the radio and hocked 'em with our friends! Anyone that wants to say that Metallica were right for what they did (and legally they prolly were) better get rid of every show they ever taped off of tv. Every bootleg recording they own. Better call the cops and report every time they got in a car without their seatbelt, every time they read a magazine at the grocery yadda yadda yadda. Napster was harmless fun until Lars stepped in.

Originally posted by augdawg2
ThraxMan you have some very good points about the new era Metallica albums. I myself have also actually enjoyed Load, as well as ReLoad. But without question, they are not of the same breed as Metallicas early material. The straw that broke the camels back for me was the Napster nightmare, I don't believe that Metallica understands how bad that made them look. Is this actually the same band that only 10-11 years ago came out with "Garage days ReRevisited for $5.98", and the sticker said "Don't pay any more for this album than $5.98"? Now they might as well come out with a album called "the $599.98 you have to pay this price in your face EP, or we will sue you to death" album! Sufferer has made perhaps the best point of all, I too saw the downloadable stream video from their website where they diss Jason playing with his new band. Well Lars, I've got a reply for you, Jason is actually playing the music that he wants, I can't say the same for you Mr. Ulrich! A couple of people on this thread have also pointed out the obvious, the fact that Napster could have actually raised Metallica album sales. True story, a friend of mine a couple of years ago,(this happened right before Metallica went public about Napster), I was hanging at his house and I was showing him the Napster program on his computer and we bumped into some Metallica that was available. Well, as it turns out, I showed my friend "Memory Remains" (this friend is in his fourtys so he had never really heard Metallica before), and he loved it. He went out and purchased ReLoad the very next day so Metallica if your reading this and you want to sue me for making a album sale for you, be my guest! I',m not one to swear that much, but for sure, Lars deserves a big FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! I truly hope that Matt Damon finds you in a dark alley and kicks the living shit out of you for taking his women, and I hope Napster finds a way to clone the old you, so it can come and slap the shit right out of your mouth! This is the last Metallica Rant I'll ever be a part of, but it feels good to get it off my chest.
It's also the dumbest metallica rant.

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
The Black album didn't suck.
Load didn't suck.
Re-load didn't suck.
Metallica the band sucks.

Justin-

That's why they suck, because they shut down Napster to everyone. I downloaded "I Disappear" off of Napster to check it out. And then I was banned from Napster like hundred's of other music fans. I couldn't sign on and sample any music anymore.
(I was able to re-install it and use a different user name, though, until it was shut down.)

I didn't say, "Fuck Metallica because they did not want to be on Napster."
I am saying "Fuck Metallica for getting me kicked off of Napster, and then shutting down Napster so I can't sample music off of Napster."

Now Napster is gone, thanks to Metallica and the other selfish bands that went to court over it.
That is why I hate Metallica and hope Lars gets hit by a truck.
Fuck 'Em All.
Let me get this straight, they suck because they wanted to prevent the blatant theft of their property? Where do you live, because according to you if I come and steal your car[assuing you can afford one] and you call the police then you suck.

Originally posted by TD
I concur!!!!!!! Nobody was bitching in the 80's when we taped songs off of the radio and hocked 'em with our friends! Anyone that wants to say that Metallica were right for what they did (and legally they prolly were) better get rid of every show they ever taped off of tv. Every bootleg recording they own. Better call the cops and report every time they got in a car without their seatbelt, every time they read a magazine at the grocery yadda yadda yadda. Napster was harmless fun until Lars stepped in.
1. taping shows off tv doesn't hurt anything because it costs no one money. It is also legal. Your first argumentt has been proven wrong.
2. Do you mean bootlegs of studio albums? I don't own any an many people don't. Bootlegs of live performances are not copywrighted, therfore legal. Your second point is wrong.
3. while riding without a seatbelt is illegal in many places, you are doing it to yourself.

Blah blah, the point is everything you listed has nothing to do with the theft napster users committed.

So, you don't like that huh? That's ok, you go ahead and keep paying for their stuff! I myself have better things to buy!
Try buying yourself a life, unless you count your drinking zima's and watching late night cinemax movies a life.

Zima, that may be the worst thing you have said yet!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Originally posted by LORD_GALVATRON
Try buying yourself a life, unless you count your drinking zima's and watching late night cinemax movies a life.

Where'd that come from!?! I think you are the one in need of a life - unless following threads on the internet and posting insults about people you don't even know is what you consider a life. Go listen to the metallica discs you paid for, me and augdawg will be listening to all the music we ripped off of the net. We win!!

Originally posted by TD

Where'd that come from!?! I think you are the one in need of a life - unless following threads on the internet and posting insults about people you don't even know is what you consider a life. Go listen to the metallica discs you paid for, me and augdawg will be listening to all the music we ripped off of the net. We win!!
Which is exactly what he augdog or whatever her name was doing. Unfortunatly for you, if you consider blatant theft of someone else's property 'winning', you also are in desperate need of a life. You lose!

I sleep very sound every night! Good job, good friends, good family! If taking tunes from Napster is the worst thing I ever did, I think the big fella upstairs, well, he'll understand.... What is your deal? Do you work for Lars or something? Get off my back. Well, I'd waste more time with you, but I've got to get to morpheus dot com, and "steal" some music.

Actually my man (LORD_GALVATRON), I have personally been a Metallica fan since 1985, and I have bought all of my copies that I currently own. Over the years I've been to about seven Metallica concerts and purchased numberous T-shits, home video's, etc..... Metallica has made a good chunk of change from me alone, and I have no regrets about that cause their stuff is worth owning. My only real point and dissapointment with them comes from the dinosaur like mentality that was reached on the Napster program. Being a computer person I could easily see the advantages of a program like the Napster, and I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I truly felt bad for Lars when he made his statements about Napster, and for the first time he sounded like all the people he use to bitch about in Metallicas early days. I understand that money makes the world go around, but money shouldn't make the man! Poor Lars has become too money oriented and in my opinion it stings worse than any thorn in their sides. However, as a human being you are totally entitled to your opinion so I can understand your stance. I only feel that Lars(maybe all of Metallica) has become old, greedy, contradictory, and burnt out. The recent comment that I heard Lars and Kirk laughing about Jason really made me loose the last bit of respect I had for them. They totally slammed him, like they never even knew him! I feel that you may be wasting your time (LORD_GALVATRON) defending Metallicas honor when they don't have much left. Thanx for the assist TD, you da man!

Cheerz!

Actually my man (LORD_GALVATRON), I have personally been a Metallica fan since 1985, and I have bought all of my copies that I currently own. Over the years I've been to about seven Metallica concerts and purchased numberous T-shits, home video's, etc..... Metallica has made a good chunk of change from me alone, and I have no regrets about that cause their stuff is worth owning. My only real point and dissapointment with them comes from the dinosaur like mentality that was reached on the Napster program. Being a computer person I could easily see the advantages of a program like the Napster, and I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I truly felt bad for Lars when he made his statements about Napster, and for the first time he sounded like all the people he use to bitch about in Metallicas early days. I understand that money makes the world go around, but money shouldn't make the man! Poor Lars has become too money oriented and in my opinion it stings worse than any thorn in their sides. However, as a human being you are totally entitled to your opinion so I can understand your stance. I only feel that Lars(maybe all of Metallica) has become old, greedy, contradictory, and burnt out. The recent comment that I heard Lars and Kirk laughing about Jason really made me loose the last bit of respect I had for them. They totally slammed him, like they never even knew him! I feel that you may be wasting your time (LORD_GALVATRON) defending Metallicas honor when they don't have much left. Thanx for the assist TD, you da man!

Cheerz!
Sure napster and like programs have their advantages, I never would have bought sound of white SHIT or anyother crap album anthrax has released since. The only problem is the disadvantages far outwiegh them. You don't know lars, so you can't comment on him being 'money oriented'.

This one made me laugh, you lost the 'last bit of respect' you had for them because of something you read? You are refering to a recent 'interview' where someone asked lars and kirk if they had heard jason's new stuff and lars jokingly said 'jason who'. If that is 'slamming' someonethe I truly feel sad for you. i am not wasting my time defending them simply because I am right whether you accept it or not.