Giving the forum a facelift...including name change

Hey, I actually have experience in this area! I once stole a forum out from under its original creator and Brand Manager, who, like Ali, wanted to keep the trademark to himself. His forum was "Perpetual Motion", so mine became "PM:X". And then I later passed it on myself, and it became "PM:X^2". How clever!

So, "RC:X" is the obvious choice. And then when Royal Crown comes out with their new "eXtrEEm" version of RC Cola, we can sue 'em.

Neil

you scumbag

Does it have to have a name change? If Ali's ok with it, just leave it as RC (initials only)...the people who are here will always refer to it as such and whoever else roam onto this boards in the future will just know it as RC and not Royal Carnage...

or something :err:

if he's not ok with it then ignore this dern post

We do need to keep the name as something "RC" though... .

I thought the same thing.

but this forum or more specifically it's visitors need to stay together in one place.

Right. The forum stays, the threads stay, it's literally just a name change.

i feel left out ... wtf is going on? :( ....

Oh man, Aurel, I didn't really want to get into it considering all the wedding stuff...I'm sure you had better things to consider. ;)

I find this really sad actually, but I can understand where its coming from.

I know, I do too. I started this thread in a somewhat jovial manner because I really don't want to get into the details, but I can say that I have to get my life back on track: family, work, etc. And it's just a cleaner break for me if this place morphs into something new. If it's RC I'll feel obliged to keep coming back everyday. We're talking 6 years and 26,000 posts, time for me to go. :(

I'm hoping that when Deron and I agree on a switchover date, we can have everyone come into the forum for one last brew and chat, including folks like NAD, and come morning, it'll be chapter 17.

I know, I do too. I started this thread in a somewhat jovial manner because I really don't want to get into the details, but I can say that I have to get my life back on track: family, work, etc. And it's just a cleaner break for me if this place morphs into something new. If it's RC I'll feel obliged to keep coming back everyday. We're talking 6 years and 26,000 posts, time for me to go. :(

I'm sorry to hear that RC is causing problems in your life, or at least hindering the solution of said problems. It'll be sad to see you go, my good man. I hope you'll still pop up once and a while?

Does it have to have a name change? If Ali's ok with it, just leave it as RC (initials only)...the people who are here will always refer to it as such and whoever else roam onto this boards in the future will just know it as RC and not Royal Carnage...

or something :err:

if he's not ok with it then ignore this dern post

That's actually very obvious....and very smart. I like that idea!

I'm sorry to hear that RC is causing problems in your life, or at least hindering the solution of said problems.

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's not either of those things, though as he indicated it's best to just move on and not focus on the whys. Honestly though, in a nutshell, it's just a matter of not being able to devote personal time to it, and since the brand is his baby, he's just closing that chapter on his terms. 'Tis all good. :kickass:

Conspicuously Absent said:
It'll be sad to see you go, my good man. I hope you'll still pop up once and a while?

Oh, I'm sure that's a strong possibility. ;)