GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1985

Is that allowed? What's to stop someone from making an entire list of 1's?
Making an entire list of 1´s would be the same as submitting a list without ranking the albums. Each album would get (55:10=) 5.5 points, provided the list submitted contains 10 albums.

In the Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016-thread, I put 3 albums at no. 1 without any objection and they got (27:3=) 9 points each.

Phylactery should be posting the results soon.
siak9Up.gif

10) Evil Invaders by Razor
The evil force grows stronger as the terror grows intense...

"Razor - Shotgun Justice and Open Hostility are really good and aggressive, the earlier ones are just typical old school thrash, not too great, nor is Decibels" - Enemy242

"Evil Invaders is easily Razor's best. It has more balls and attitude in a single song than a lot of thrash bands have in their entire career" - @Slayed Necros

Chosen by:
RadicalThrasher (#1)

Anom@nder Rake (#2)
Cyanide Christ (#3)
Technical Barbarity (#3)
Slayed Necros (#4)
Talos of Atmora (#8)

TOTAL POINTS: 43

Last edited:
9) The Return by Bathory
Yet the stillness rules this night of mist...

"The Return...of Darkness and Evil-The atmosphere in this album is very immersive and intense, however it is probably the least memorable in Bathory's discography." - @HadesRagnazrath

"The Return and Under the Sign of the Black Mark are better than Hammerheart, and Blood Fire Death reaches higher peaks but I'm not sure it's better overall." - @Phylactery

"Controversial Opinion: The Return is easily one of the best Bathory albums after Under the Sign of the Black Mark. The playing may be a little sloppy but I believe the album contains some best riffs in all of Bathory. So dirty and evil." - A1a23

Chosen by:
Dazed and Brutal (#1)

Mort Divine (#2)
Anom@nder Rake (#4)

Krow (#5)
Slayed Necros (#6)
Atomic Tide (#8)
CIG (#8)
Zerostatic (#8)
Phylactery (#9)
Funerary Doom (#NA)

TOTAL POINTS: 48

Last edited:
8) Feel the Fire by Overkill
Battle cries, silent screams, submerge the Devil in evil dreams...

"By vag he means your face, because its hole takes tons of cock.

Overkill rule. Feel the Fire!" - @CiG

"Horrorscope and Feel the Fire are their best albums. Their stuff from 87-89 is massively overrated and have only a few good tracks on each of em.

Their last three albums have been pretty fucking solid though. " - @TechnicalBarbarity

Chosen by:
Sirjack (#1)

Zerostatic (#3)
Burkhard (#4)
HamburgerBoy (#5)
Omni (#5)
Crimsonfloyd (#6)
Talos of Atmora (#7)
Manic Ferocity (#8)
Anom@nder Rake (#9)
Alex78 (#10)
Funerary Doom (#NA)

TOTAL POINTS: 56

Last edited:
That's your lot for today I'm afraid. Well I might do 1 more later on, but no more than that. Will finish it off tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks to CIG for tallying the results - made this a lot easier for me! I checked the maths on 2 or 3 of them and they were correct so I will assume the rest are as well.

Reactions: CiG
He's saying Evil Invaders is just "not too good average thrash" and Slayed rebuts by saying it's "easily Razor's best album."

How is that out of place?

:lol:
Because the quote doesn't even specifically mention the album, while mentioning three of their other releases.

edit: And i didn't even know Slayed's was a response, though it was just a random quote for the album. But whatever.

Last edited:
CIG was going to start this for me and he’d already found the Razor quotes so he PM’d then to me. Although it doesn’t mention the album specifically it does talk about early Razor so I’ll assume he was including Evil Invaders in that.

I try to find a negative/lukewarm comment for all albums that make the cut but it’s sometimes difficult. It’s even difficult to find anything at all for some albums other than quotes along the lines of “x album is really good”. That was the case with Feel the Fire and I went through all 10 pages of the search results.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
That explains your confusion.
not confused, i just think it would be better to find quotes that are actually about that specific album, not conversations between two people where one might vaguely mention the album .... but yeah Phylactery already explained that part.

CIG ... he’d already found the Razor quotes

Ahh, that explains his confusion. ;)