GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1993

i like painkiller, i just don't think it deserves its reputation as their best album

edit: nice formatting phylactery

Sure, I rank it 3rd or 4th place depending on how I'm feeling about SWOD at the moment. When I see people complain that the writing is shit and that it's all intensity no style or tasteless or that every song sounds the same or whatever, and then at the same time they suck off Agent Steel or Savage Grace, I want to start stabbing people with hep C-infected needles.

Reactions: jimmy101
I'm pretty sure TechBarb hates it but I would have bet that Ozz was a fan. If not, he's officially out of the out-crowd.

It's not the worst Priest album but it's definitely in the bottom third of their albums. I can't believe a band like Priest released that trend hopping garbage.

I lost my out crowd card. I'll turn it in when i find it.

I'M ABOUT TO ROLL THE DICE WITH THE RNG GODS!

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNN.....................

EDIT: Lmfao it's 1980

should i try again? Or fuck it, let's just stick with it.

I say roll again. I have nothing against 1980 but after a very slow round I think 1980 will be lacking in a passionate response by users. There's only 2 pages for 1980 metal on RYM.

Painkiller is almost certainly top 5 1990 material. Far better than any death metal album from that year, as well as albums from a number of big names including Maiden, Sabbath, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, etc. Secrecy will beat it for me and Trouble, Anacrusis, Destruction, and Megadeth will give it strong competition, but I think it will make the top 5 comfortably. Probably top 3.

I say roll again. I have nothing against 1980 but after a very slow round I think 1980 will be lacking in a passionate response by users. There's only 2 pages for 1980 metal on RYM.
fuck it man i think its a pretty solid year with a bunch of killers albums. But if a few more guys wanna give it another go i'm down. Not my decision, but our decision. So, what do you guys say?

There's 15 objectively-metal albums just on Wikipedia without having to go more obscure, that's plenty for people to list their top 10 (or 5).