GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1993

Ram it Down is weak by Priest standards, very good by broader metal standards. Title track and Hard as Iron are speed metal anthems, Blood Red Skies defines 80s sci-fi cheese in a musical context, and there are other good songs mixed in like Come and Get It which sounds almost proto-groove metal. The cover is silly and the last two songs are total plods though.

It's not the worst Priest album but it's definitely in the bottom third of their albums. I can't believe a band like Priest released that trend hopping garbage.

I lost my out crowd card. I'll turn it in when i find it.

I overlooked this post. Very sad. :(((((((((

Ram it Down is a killer album
Painkiller is almost certainly top 5 1990 material. Far better than any death metal album from that year.

busting.gif

You like shitty Autopsy albums. Please don't start. I like everything Priest did tbh. Nostradamus was a bit pretentious but otherwise they have one of the best discographies of any metal band in history.
oh so he likes one of the greatest death metal bands of all time? Dude, you listen to devil driver, trivium and disturbed. Hush up.

Reactions: CiG
Surely we can get 1980 out of the way quickly? With so few metal albums for this year, I can't see why anyone should need more than say 2 weeks to make a list.

You don't agree it's trend hopping?
Why, because it was more intense? That really has no bearing on the quality of the album itself. Especially with tracks like Night Crawler and A Touch of Evil clearly showing that they weren't just going after extremity.

I'll do what ever year you post. I'm sure I can find something on most lists to get close to a top 10.