GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1996

Fucking whiners. Are you guys pissy because it's not a great year for thrash?

triggered

It's not a great year for death, prog, traditional or stoner either. Shitty year for metal in general. In Flames is like one of the best death metal albums that year it goes to show

That would be in my Top 10 too, but I would also have TON, Roots, Pantera and other shit that won't even come close to making it.

Lots of good stuff in the top 120. Didn't go any further than that because I'm on mobile.

1996 is apparently an in crowd year, by general reaction thus far.

Reactions: The Ozzman
I'm not even that into black metal and I think it's a fantastic year. Sacramentum, Scald, Summoning, The Chasm, Katatonia, Adramelech, Crimson Relic, Burzum, Oxiplegatz, Gorgoroth...

I'm not huge on Katatonia but I like everything else there.

Also Falkenbach and Kvist.

Did you already know about Crimson Relic or did you listen to it after I recommended it in the death metal thread? They're underrated as fuck. Album has riffs for days and sickening vocals.

None So Vile and Here in After are by far the two best albums here.

Filosofem, Millennium and Anithchirst rounding out thje top 5. but im pretty sure a shitty band like sort vokter is probably going to win when we takle Poseurs Inc into consideration.

Did you already know about Crimson Relic or did you listen to it after I recommended it in the death metal thread? They're underrated as fuck. Album has riffs for days and sickening vocals.

I listened to Crimson Relic after you recommended it to me several months ago. Great album, though I can't even guarantee it'll make my top 10 this year.

None So Vile and Here in After are by far the two best albums here.

Filosofem, Millennium and Anithchirst rounding out thje top 5. but im pretty sure a shitty band like sort vokter is probably going to win when we takle Poseurs Inc into consideration.

Scald will probably win tbh.

Reactions: CiG
@HamburgerBoy considering your interest in that redneck Demigod album, have you heard Waltari - Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! Death Metal Symphony in Deep C ? I think you may find it even more ambitious, and I'm curious to hear what you think.

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
I like None So Vile to some extent. It's outrageously over the top and full of weird riffs. And it has that ridiculous scream at the end of Benedictine Convulsions. It won't be making my top 10, though.

Here in After and Purgatory's Reign it is not.

Don't be too harsh on TB, it can't be easy being an adult human and still not having developed theory of mind.

Reactions: CiG