GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1997

yea we should definitely come back redo this one once were done with the rest of the years. Unchain the Wolves winning this when it wasnt even initially released in '97 is just not sitting right with me. This was a big waste of time imho.

images

The disc of the “1996 version” says 1997 on it. The back cover says 1996. Sounds like it wasnt ready for release until 1997 and the booklets/inlays were printed preemptively.

I assume @TechnicalBarbarity has already read this but here’s the release page if anyone else is interested.

https://www.discogs.com/Destroyer-666-Unchain-The-Wolves/release/5355706
you were one of the people who put it at #1 so im assuming you should have already knew this. Why did you not mention it?

Discogs says its a 1996 album which is good enough for me

That same page that says it’s 96 shows a picture of the disc marked 97. There’s an error there somewhere.

My cd says 97 in both spots. There’s also a misprint of the press that is missing info in the booklet.

The original press of the album seems fucked up.

The simple solution to the release year issue would be to pick one site, RYM, M-A, whatever, and only use that site. If there is any mistakes everyone's working off the same mistakes and those mistakes would carry through to any year.

Nice job on compiling the final list Tech, even if it is void and filled with left-field choices.