GMD Poll: Top Ten Films of 2020

Also for some reason Come to Daddy screams "Bloopy's taste" in my brain, could be wrong though.
It had its moments. I'd seen the trailer and when I revisited that after your post it gave me Wasp Factory vibes, so it had potential. My issue was that once he figured out what was going on, not much more happened other than just goofiness. I was hoping for more plot to unfold with his mother supposedly on her way etc.

I was thinking about how to define Bloopy taste. There's a bit of the violence as a stylish thing (Kill Bill, Sin City) rather than brutal. But mostly it's about the comic relief if they're not already absurd / black comedies. If a film balances normality with fucking up/warping said normality it opens up the possibility for some off-kilter dialogue or quirky shit to go down. Still like to see a decent story unfold, although Slacker is a favourite - it's hilarious because it was probably totally natural and easy for them to write and say all that ridiculous shit at the time and yet I can't tell how satirical it's supposed to be.

The most recent win for Bloopy taste was discovering eXistenZ. It's amazing how it's foreboding and goofy at the same time. I'll watch Possessor for 2020 next to see how the kiddo compares.

Reactions: CiG
Went through each page twice, thinking my eyes must be fucked, but couldn't find my list.
I guess I deleted it and then forgot to post a new, updated one...? Not sure if it's changed since then.

My Top 10 Movies of 2020:

1.gif
1. Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains dir. Gu Xiaogang

2.gif
2. Feral dir. Andrew Wonder

3.gif
3. Tenet dir. Christopher Nolan

4.gif
4. The Forty-Year-Old Version dir. Radha Blank

5.gif
5. i'm thinking of ending things dir. Charlie Kaufman

6.gif
6. Possessor dir. Brandon Cronenberg

7.gif
7. Siberia dir. Abel Ferrara

8.gif
8. VFW dir. Joe Begos

9.gif
9. Rifkin's Festival dir. Woody Allen

10.gif
10. Goldie dir. Sam de Jong

Went through each page twice, thinking my eyes must be fucked, but couldn't find my list.
I guess I deleted it and then forgot to post a new, updated one...? Not sure if it's changed since then.

My Top 10 Movies of 2020:

View attachment 33457
1. Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains dir. Gu Xiaogang

View attachment 33456
2. Feral dir. Andrew Wonder

View attachment 33458
3. Tenet dir. Christopher Nolan

View attachment 33459
4. The Forty-Year-Old Version dir. Radha Blank

View attachment 33460
5. i'm thinking of ending things dir. Charlie Kaufman

View attachment 33461
6. Possessor dir. Brandon Cronenberg

View attachment 33462
7. Siberia dir. Abel Ferrara

View attachment 33463
8. VFW dir. Joe Begos

View attachment 33464
9. Rifkin's Festival dir. Woody Allen

View attachment 33465
10. Goldie dir. Sam de Jong
Unrelated but what's your gif-making workflow? I never found a convenient method but you've clearly got it figured out.

the only gifs i make myself are ones that are a series of stills, most of the ones i post are ones i've lazily found on google. not sure if it's the same for CiG

Ok, being a post-deleting retard

Sounds Good GIF by Leroy Patterson