GMD Poll: Top Ten Films of 2023

Should we include miniseries/single season shows in the lists?

• Total voters
Just watched Mob Land...
MV5BN2U5NzUxZWMtZWMzMi00MGNlLThlMmItMmFkMTgyODNjNmZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE2MzI5ODM@._V1_.jpg

Fuckin badass. @CiG @RadicalThrasher you guys gotta check this one out.
Seen it ! Yeah pretty good i thought

Anybody seen The Iron Claw? Thought that was pretty good. Von Erich wrestling family, will probably be on my list somewhere.

Some other pretty good stuff I've seen.

When Evil Lurks - Argentinian horror flick. Very Evil Deadish, creates it's own mythology. Pretty twisted, left me thinking after it was over.

Sound of Freedom - solid flick, very well made

Desperation Road - Mel Gibson side vehicle, kind has that same vibe as mob land as far as production.

Infinity Pool - made by cronenberg's kid.....head fuck horror

Sisu - just badass

Last edited:
Still need to check out The Iron Claw. Binged a bunch of older wrestling shows from the early/mid 80s on Peacock and one of the promotions they had on there was WCCW which was run by the Von Erichs dad. Dudes were super talented as far as in ring work went. I also watched Kerry Von Erich when i was a kid, but knew him as The Texas Tornado. Crazy that he wrestled only on one leg and kept it a secret for such a long time.

Still need to check out The Iron Claw. Binged a bunch of older wrestling shows from the early/mid 80s on Peacock and one of the promotions they had on there was WCCW which was run by the Von Erichs dad. Dudes were super talented as far as in ring work went. I also watched Kerry Von Erich when i was a kid, but knew him as The Texas Tornado. Crazy that he wrestled only on one leg and kept it a secret for such a long time.
Good movie. Kind of depressing actually, lots of messed up stuff happens to that family

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I liked it a lot, but at the same time Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was just kinda... there. Very forgettable performance. Maika Monroe basically carried most of the movie on her own.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
1. Close (Director: Lukas Dhont)
2. Babylon (Director: Damien Chazelle)
3. As Bestas aka The Beasts (Director: Rodrigo Sorogoyen)
4. Tár (Director: Todd Field)
5. Oppenheimer (Director: Christopher Nolan)
6. Sisu (Director: Jalmari Helander)
7. عنکبوت مقدس aka Holy Spider (Director: Ali Abbasi)
8. Pearl (Director: Ti West)
9. Beau is Afraid (Director: Ari Aster)
10. Reptile (Director: Grant Singer)

Finally ticked Mob Land off the list. Awesome movie and the plot totally went in ways I wasn't expecting. Great final act!

The use of shaky cam was a bit annoying, but forgivable for a first time director. Gotta keep an eye on him, considering Travolta rarely puts out good performances anymore and this guy got one out of him, I wanna see what he does next.

In that same gritty psychological crime thriller vein, Rumble Through the Dark is one I'd recommend from 2023.

725fe9e45794c5cbbe4f4363f05e30e7_1280x720.jpg

Aaron Eckhart plays an over-the-hill underground fighter with brain trauma, who is in massive debt to a crime boss. Really good physical performance in this one, he's very hunched and rundown. Eckhart also did Muzzle last year, a revenge movie about a cop whose service dog gets killed.