• Good idea

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Shit idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Money for being born, such precious little cherubs :p
(of course I'm just jealous all I got for nothing in 1988 was a book about how Australia II kicked arse in a yacht race)

Reactions: CiG

ca6c6d68ea609b74572f7d6a1d4d555ea588711b_hq.gif

i'm usually pretty desensitised but this movie grosses me out so hard in places lol. what a fucked up way to visualise addiction

Henenlotter always has the dirtiest sets and filming locations too. It's not just Aylmer that makes Brain Damage gross, it's the disgusting sink and old cigarette butt on it.

yeah, and the grimy subways and trash-strewn alleyways etc.

but i mean, i don’t have a visceral reaction to that stuff. the neck thing and the pulling stuff out of ears and throats thing, on the other hand...

Honourable mentions (aka the second half of my Top 20):

(contains spoiler gifs)
11. Dragons Forever
This gif sums up the whole film quite well, though it also works quite well when it tries to be a romcom, because Sammo is so goofy and charming.

tumblr_p3si27k5GI1rmrpdmo4_400.gif

12. Pumpkinhead
Supernatural horror, creature feature and hixploitation all in one film.

13. The Big Blue
A beautifully shot oddity wedged between so many action-packed Besson films, though it's as much a part of him stylistically as anything else he did when you look at the film's cinematography.

14. The Last Temptation of Christ
I also really like the way Scorsese didn't make anybody change their accents or speak in a different language. At first it seemed goofy to me, but it really makes it much more personal to Scorsese I think. Also, it pretty much guarantees it won't be a humdrum generic biblical film obsessed with historical accuracy etc..

15. Police Story 2
Considering how great, raw, gritty, groundbreaking, inventive, risky and crazy the first film was (so many stuntmen injured!) they actually managed to make a decent follow-up with some stunts that even one-upped the first film. Lots of fun, like all Jackie Chan films especially from his action film era.

tumblr_oevt6lexyF1udlkano1_400.gif

16. Red Scorpion
Unfairly referred to as a "numskull live-action comic book" by critics upon release. While it is some pretty killer meat and potatoes action, it actually has some political themes that were very relevant at the time which adds a layer of engaging content. Joseph Zito had a pretty cool run of 80's films and this one might just be the best of them, along with The Prowler.

17. The Blob
The Blob may not be a super great film but IMO it had some of the coolest special effects of the year.

NaughtyWeirdGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_n7159ky1X21rp0vkjo1_500.gif

18. Willow
Already talked a bit about this one. A childhood favourite and one of the coolest kids movies ever made.

19. The Boost
No country already talked about this one, so I'll just go ahead and praise Sean Young's performance and call her an angel.

The-Boost-images-a8cd97d0-122b-436a-8666-bc254243bc0.jpg

20. The Moderns
I love Keith Carradine.

Last edited: