GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Hey all,

The Slayer thread ends on Saturday, so it's time to vote for some more bands' discographies to rank.

Directions: List up to 5 metal bands whose discography you would like GMD rank. If you list more than 5 bands, I will only count the first 5. No need to rank them.

The bands that get the most votes will be the next discographies that we rank. Votes are due Saturday October 14th at 5:00 PM PST. You may edit your list as many times as you want up until that deadline.

Bands already ranked:
Black Sabbath
Death
Immolation
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer

*You must have at least 100 posts to vote in this thread* (AKA the @TechnicalBarbarity rule)

Last edited:
ok fine, KORN!

Voivod
Morbid Angel
Motorhead
Testament
Suffocation

Autopsy
Rainbow
Pestilence
Carcass
Coroner
Razor
Gorguts
Heathen
Artillery
Asphyx
Darkthrone
Arghoslent
Atheist
Kreator
Sodom

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Cannibal Corpse
Darkthrone
Bolt Thrower
Motorhead

I'd probably pull hair out trying to do Motorhead. I love so many of their albums and own a bunch, but I still dont have stuff like Snakebite Love and Overnight Sensation

Opeth
Bathory
Darkthrone
Burzum
Blind Guardian

Rationale:

Opeth- There’s a lot of dispute about which album is their best and I’ve seen people argue for all of their first five.

Darkthrone- The top three are given, but I don’t think the order of them are. Then, I think there could be a good amount of dispute between their second tier black metal albums, their black ‘n roll records, and their more recent vikingish stuff.

Bathory- Similar to Opeth, I like this choice because there’s a lot of dispute regarding which album is their best, with some veering toward their viking metal records and others veering toward their black metal records.

Burzum- Some of the best black metal records ever recorded

Blind Guardian- A really great power metal discography with a decent amount of dispute between their early and mid stuff; but also just a really solid discography from start to finish.