GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
The Graveland thread ends soon, so it's time to vote for some more bands' discographies to rank.

Directions: List up to 5 metal bands whose discography you would like GMD rank. If you list more than 5 bands, I will only count the first 5. No need to rank them.

Rules: If you vote for a band and then don't vote in their thread, you will be banned from future votes (unless you have a legit reason).

The bands that get the most votes (probably the top 4-7) will be the next discographies that we rank. Votes are due Tuesday, 8/7 by 5:00 PM PST. You may edit your list as many times as you want up until that deadline.

Discographies already ranked:
Black Sabbath
Bolt Thrower
Coroner
Darkthrone
Death
Graveland
Immolation
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Manilla Road
Megadeth
Mercyful Fate
Metallica
Morbid Angel
Motorhead
Overkill
Slayer
Testament
Voivod

A few notes:
-Remember that people need to rank at least half of the band's albums.
-Bands with small discographies tend to get lots of votes because people tend to actually know their entire discography
-Big discography+ little variety in style= very few votes

Burzum- 11 albums, and pretty much everyone has heard at least the first four. Most people have heard the first two ambient albums and Belus. I think there would be good competition for spots 2-4.

Dio

Opeth- Love them or hate them, most people were exposed to most of their pre-prog rock material, so it would get a lot of votes. I assume the top 5 would be their first five albums, but I'm not sure how they would rank.

Bathory- 12 albums, but lots of variety and I think most people are at least familiar with the first half of his discography.

Destruction

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Exodus
Metal Church
Dio
Cannibal Corpse
Burzum

Honorable mentions. These could be substituted for one of the above if something is getting close to the # of votes needed to get into one of the top choices:

Opeth
Metal Church (I think HBB may be the only other person who would be interested in doing this band)
Dream Theater
Enslaved
Meshuggah
Amorphis
Katatonia
Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Trivium (lolamirite)
Immortal
Obituary

Last edited:
Exodus
Kreator
Sodom
Skyclad
Orange Goblin

I'd still participate in the likes of Blind Guardian, Anacrusis and a few of the others mentioned here though

Candlemass
Danzig
Electric Wizard
Exodus
Sepultura - most people could manage at least half
Satyricon -
0vRkzKP.png

tenor.gif

Added Fates Warning and Saxon to my list. We need to do more NWOBHM ranking, especially for a band with the amount of good releases they have later on in their careers.

i'd be down for Saxon too. But count me out if we're doing Fates Warning. I honestly don't plan on ever listening to that band again. I've never heard a single trivium track but i can confidently say that i would rather listen to anything from them over having my ears assaulted by john arches disgusting voice.

i'd be down for Saxon too. But count me out if we're doing Fates Warning. I honestly don't plan on ever listening to that band again. I've never heard a single trivium track but i can confidently say that i would rather listen to anything from them over having my ears assaulted by john arches disgusting voice.

He only sang on their first 3 albums bruh.

Fuck off. Even you don’t believe this is true.

#saxon4lyfe