GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

No love for With Oden on Our Side or Twilight of the Thunder God? Especially Twilight is just a fist pumping Manowar influenced flaming metal record imo. Even my wife headbangs to that shit (and Hail to England coincidentally)
Those are probably their best, although the formula is way too obvious.

pedestrian? I’m not sure there’s a more headbangable melodic death metal album in existence and definitely nothing like it I’ve heard.

not questioning if it's "headbangable" dude. Just pointing out how "easy to digest" their overall sound is which is why the average person like say your wife, ozzman, etc can listen to and enjoy it.

definitely nothing like it I’ve heard.
Ive heard a few of their albums, including that one(which i own) and they all sound the same to me, and just about everyone in here has said that they dont even want to do them next due to the fact that their albums almost all sound the same. So if you're a fan of the band, im pretty sure you have heard something like it... numerous times.

Last edited:
"Twilight of the Thunder God ... their best"

if that pedestrian album is their best then i definitely wouldn't want to sit their and listen through the rest of their shit
Their debut is a bit different but not that much. They found a working formula early in their career and sticked to it. Their brand of metal is nothing exploratory or even "Artistic", it's ear candy melodeath to pay the bills. Even the norse inspired lyrics are really basic stuff, for the wannabe viking teens.

I'm closing this in 24 hours. Here is how the votes stand based on my rough count:

Slough Feg 6
Gorguts 4
Nile 4
Cannibal Corpse 4
My Dying Bride 3
Blind Guardian 3
Vader 3
Type O Negative 3
Katatonia 3

All other bands have 1-2 votes.

I would lobby hard for My Dying Bride and Blind Guardian, as we haven't done anything from their respective genres yet.

Some candidates:

Emperor
Queensrÿche
Arghoslent
Grand Belial's Key
Borknagar
Obituary
Akercocke
Manowar
Gorgoroth

Gorguts, Autopsy, Nile, Atheist, Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Vader, Carcass, Master etc ... quite a few death metal bands that should probably be done before we get to shit like amon amarth.

Please cut these down to the five bands you would like to vote for.

ffs-gif-4.gif

Reactions: CiG