GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Directions: List up to 5 metal bands whose discography you would like GMD rank. If you list more than 5 bands, I will only count the first 5. No need to rank them.
  • In the GMD Rank threads, you need to list at least 50% of the bands' albums. If you yourself haven't listened to or aren't committed to listening to half of a band's discography, DON'T VOTE FOR THEM.
The bands that get the most votes (probably the top 4-5) will be the next discographies that we rank. Votes are due by Sunday, May 9th by 10:00 AM PST. You may edit your list as many times as you want up until that deadline.

Discographies already ranked:
Bathory
Black Sabbath
Bolt Thrower
Burzum
Candlemass
Carcass
The Chasm
Coroner
Darkthrone
Death
Deathspell Omega
Destruction
Dio
Dream Theater
Exodus
Fates Warning
Graveland
Katatonia
Immolation
Incantation
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kreator
Manilla Road
Megadeth
Mercyful Fate
Metallica
Morbid Angel
Motorhead
My Dying Bride
Nile
Opeth
Overkill
Razor
Saint Vitus
Sepultura
Slayer
Slough Feg
Sodom
Suffocation
Testament
Type O Negative
Voivod

i'll narrow this down to 5 later, just pasting my shortlist from the previous thread for now:
bruce dickinson
vader
immortal
blind guardian
nokturnal mortum
deicide
asphyx
mortuary drape
hammers of misfortune
sigh
varathron
inquisition
jap sabbat
mortem
graveland
d666
doomsword
helstar

Reminder this closes on Sunday at 10 AM. Feel free to change your top 5 between now and then. Unofficial count at the moment:

6 votes: Blind Guardian
5 votes: Vader, DRI
3 votes: Enslaved, Gorguts, Electric Wizard, Destroyer 666, Autopsy, King Diamond
2 votes: Amon Amarth, Helster, Protector, Danzig, Immortal, Protector

I'm willing to throw a vote at Autopsy or Destroyer 666 in exchange for a vote cast for Enslaved or Gorguts

Reactions: CiG
Final results: DRI, Blind Guardian, Vader, Gorguts, Destroyer 666

5 votes:
DRI @RadicalThrasher @CiG @TechnicalBarbarity @Baroque @zerostatic
Blind Guardian @Vegard Pompey @crimsonfloyd @Podgie @RadicalThrasher @zerostatic

4 votes:
Vader @TechnicalBarbarity @zerostatic @Bloopy @CiG
Gorguts @crimsonfloyd @CiG @TechnicalBarbarity @no country for old wainds
Destroyer 666 @no country for old wainds @Slayed Necros @CiG @TechnicalBarbarity

3 votes (consider voting for next time): Helstar, Enslaved, Autopsy, Electric Wizard, King Diamond

Last edited:
i would nominate the sothis and the art of war EPs for vader. the former is a classic and the latter is their second most reviewed release on metal archives. maybe the morbid reich demo too?

i'd also nominate violence is the prince of this world and terror abraxas as the notable d666 EPs, may as well include them as it's quite a small discography.

and pleiades' dust for gorguts.

king diamond and electric wizard should also be on the 3 list btw like they were in your previous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG and zerostatic