GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

i would nominate the sothis and the art of war EPs for vader. the former is a classic and the latter is their second most reviewed release on metal archives. maybe the morbid reich demo too?

i'd also nominate violence is the prince of this world and terror abraxas as the notable d666 EPs, may as well include them as it's quite a small discography.

and pleiades' dust for gorguts.

I'm definitely with you on Pleiades' Dust. Destroyer 666 has a small discography, so that will be no problem. Vader's discography is already huge, but if other people want me to add the EPs, I will. I don't know most of their albums, so I'll defer to the fans.

king diamond and electric wizard should also be on the 3 list btw like they were in your previous post.

Got it. Added them.

I second Vader's Art of War EP and Morbid Reich demo. Don't care much about if Sothis is included, 2 of those tracks were on their next album, 1 track is a cover and 2 other tracks are instrumentals.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Vader - Future of the Past is a covers album. I'm not fussed as to whether any EPs/demos are included but certainly won't complain about hearing even more. What @CiG said sounds good.

edit: oh yeah and Future of the Past II of course

Last edited:
@Opeth17 Well the Blind Guardian ranking thread is still open and it only got 5 valid lists so not sure if it's worth tallying up. Then we were going to do Vader, Gorguts and Destroyer 666 as per previous page. Would any of those get enough lists? I dunno.

If this place somehow survives until the end of 2026 we could celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the ranking by year phenomenon's eruption, perhaps by going back over the years somehow. Some of us could see how much our lists have changed.

Reactions: zerostatic
@Opeth17 Well the Blind Guardian ranking thread is still open and it only got 5 valid lists so not sure if it's worth tallying up. Then we were going to do Vader, Gorguts and Destroyer 666 as per previous page. Would any of those get enough lists? I dunno.

If this place somehow survives until the end of 2026 we could celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the ranking by year phenomenon's eruption, perhaps by going back over the years somehow. Some of us could see how much our lists have changed.

I've probably listened to one Blind Guardian album, but if it's open indefinitely I can contribute at some point. I can participate in Gorguts if we do that one since I have some familiarity there.

It seems like there's a fair amount of people checking in here, there's just not much to do but update the NP threads. I bet if there were more discussion oriented topics there would be more activity (they don't have to be ranking threads only). I guess I should think of some topics.

I have an idea for a thread that I'll start that within a week or so.

If you're interested in working on Blind Guardian I'd be happy to tally that up after. Then it's probably a good idea to do Gorguts next as it's an easier discography that should get more participation. I'm sure @crimsonfloyd doesn't mind having dem toes stepped on.

Reactions: SonOfNun
There are small groups of people who still post on some of the band subforums. I spend most of my time in the Testament sub forum but it is mostly thrash discussion. Do you think the numbers of guests on the forum is accurate? Right now it shows over 500 guests visiting the forums.

Blind Guardian seems to be the most recent that shows up in the search.

Can't believe we've voted on Polish NSBM bands and we still haven't done Summoning smh