GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

Hmm, but now when I'm thinking about it I'm quite sure no one here has ever listened to all Sepultura albums including the post-Roots era.

OK. Here are the next six bands we're gonna do:

1. Carcass- 8 votes (@crimsonfloyd @TechnicalBarbarity @zerostatic @CiG @alex76 @Krow @Sirjack @EspaDa)

2. Sepultura 6 or 7 votes (I don't know if EspaDa's vote was retracted or not, but it's inconsequential) (@TechnicalBarbarity @Allfader @Bloopy @alex76 @Krow @Sirjack)

3. Kreator 6 votes (@TechnicalBarbarity @zerostatic @CiG @RadicalThrasher @no country for old wainds @Sirjack)

4. Deathspell Omega 5 votes (@crimsonfloyd @Allfader @Krow @Oblivious Maximus @Einherjar86)

5. Nile 5 votes (@zerostatic @CiG @no country for old wainds @Krow @Sirjack)

6. My Dying Bride 5 votes (@crimsonfloyd @zerostatic @Allfader @no country for old wainds @EspaDa)

Hmm, but now when I'm thinking about it I'm quite sure no one here has ever listened to all Sepultura albums including the post-Roots era.
I probably haven't heard their newest one in full, but I've listened to all the others. I quite like bits and pieces of their newer stuff here and there. I have no idea at this stage, but my ranking of them could turn out to be quite embarrassing. :D

Cool. The last round wasn’t really for me. I’ll probably do all of these except maybe MDB. Feel like I’ll run out of steam before I get far enough there

Reactions: CiG
Let me know if there are any EPs, demos, or other releases that you think should count and give your reasoning for why. Generally, we want stuff that is unique and is highly regarded by the fan base. Also let me know if there are any albums that should not count. This would be stuff like cover albums or rerecordings.

I am already aware of rerecording album Evinta with My Dying Bride so that won’t be included. I personally would want to include all five DSO EPs because I think they take those very seriously and the quality on them is on par, and in some cases exceeds the albums. At the very least Kenose needs to be included since it’s 36 minutes.

I think the Tools of the Trade EP is worthy, especially since Carcass have a fairly short discography as it is.

Also Nile's Festivals of Atonement EP has my support for inclusion.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Carcass - Tools of the Trade
Sepultura - Bestial Devastation

DsO - Kenose/chaining/mga/drought
Honestly most people that like DsO care about the eps so that would round that one out.

my dying bride question: their early EPs are fairly significant but maybe we should just include trinity instead of each one individually?

surprised nobody mentioned it already but flag of hate obviously should be included

I was thinking that too, but I believe it only has two original songs. I’m fine with it if others think it’s important enough.

my dying bride question: their early EPs are fairly significant but maybe we should just include trinity instead of each one individually?

I was thinking the same thing. It works well at an hour... with only one rehashed song. Basically functions as an album.

Also MDB has The Vaulted Shadows which combines The Manuscript and Barghest O Whitby

For Nile, you could include In the Beginning which has Ramses Bringer of War and Festivals of Atonement. A very good compliation on par with some albums

I haven't heard some Sepultura albums in decades. I'll spin them to get an updated impression on them, although going through Nation/Roorback will be painful.