Gnr?

kKillingTime

New Metal Member
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Anyone catch the vma's tonight?!!!! GNR totally blew me away, i was not expecting it, i was about to turn the channel then i heard the intro riff to to Welcome to The Jungle, Axl's voice sounded like s*it but is was great to see him again, i'm speechless right now,(and the budweiser don't help either) but i 'd like to here yous guys thought about it.:)

I'm terrified to hear it, actually. i'd rather stick my head in the sand and pretend that GnR broke up and stayed broken up after the Use your Illusion thang. Has anyone heard the new GnR stuff --- did they play anything new at the VMA's? Does it sound NuMetal?

I think I'll stick to seeing GnR tribute bands... saw Hollywood Roses again the other night and their Axl sounded pretty damn good, aside from being a total dead ringer for the man.

BassBitch: i heard lots and lots of the new songs...
most of them are like Gnr Live like a Suicide! it's great and raw...
it's like gnr pre appetite for destruction...
but the new song they played was "Madagascar" if it was a Power ballad (Rock) it woul'd have been great.

Now Guns just came back from touring China and Japan and The UK which were great!! but in Mtv he had vocal probs coz of the shows.

But what a COOL SHOW Axl put on VMA! mother Of God!! he was Rocking!!
they played Welcome to the jungle,Madagascar,Paradise city,November Rain.

And the new stuff ain't Nu metal or industrial...

I talked with axl 4 months ago, he said that his GNR is the appetite for destruction era! and he dosn't like the use your illusion albums.... and the diraction is similler to the appetite for destruction album but you can't do a copy.
Just to let you know: AXL IS PUTTING ONE HELL OF A JOB!
Very good one... but i too miss the old guys myself

In the great days of old bands reuniting, I think the members of GnR should reunite. Slash is the only one who has been doing something notable, but even then, he is not at his best as he was with GnR. Sometimes you have bands that just have the perfect chemistry together. GnR was one of them.

I'm glad to hear that the new tunes are more Appetite flavored... :) I had heard a rumor that the new stuff he was cookin' up (many many MANY years in the making) was more "modern" sounding.

I don't know if we were watching the same show, but when Axl got winded after running around the stage twice (he ain't no Bruce, that's for sure), it wasn't very encouraging to watch...
I'll give Chinese Democracy a listen though... but I haven't considered them GnR since Izzy left....

off quote: the reason slash was so good in writing solos
was due to the fact that axl calld Paul tobias to write for him.
paul is a great writer and can bring the best of other guitarists....

I do respect slash tho!
p.s: Bassbitch: there are some songs that are quite different from the old times... i mean most of the songs are Rock, but a few suck coz they'r not rock in my opinion LOL :)
we will wait and see...
but there will always be Crybabys