GO FUCKING JIRA! US TOUR ... Fa Kin Su Pah!

you might want to dig up some of their lyrics ... and it will be quickly deniable.

case in point ... lyrics to the first vid

. Remembrance

I feel I come from better conditions
buried deep in my mind I forgot
awake my soul
I want to find and drink this light

Images of the past
other lives and other places
always the same embraces
I return to where I've been

I take inside a forward movement
Involved in desire of consciousness
progress, understand
I want to find the keys of the past

remember the past present future
memory is a force
so many things have happened
to me the hardest of all

But the gates would never again
be opened to me unless
I could bid them open at my
own will and command

I feel I come from better conditions
(opened them at my own will and command)
buried deep in my mind I forgot
always the same light, same embraces
I take inside a forward movement

J. said:
after checking out those two clips, an undeniable truth occurred to me: Gojira plays soulless music

I'm spotting you're saying this because of their sound. I don't agree that clinic music is automaticly soulless (not that you said it) but in general that is unfortunately true indeed . For what I know of Gojira it's not soulless like your average death-metal band.

The rest of the package is in a dangerous position. COB? Perfect example of a band that was successful at power-metal revival time that is now becoming anonymous.

Have fun guys, the future of french metal exposure depends on you :loco:

point is, they rock me cock ... and after a stressful day, i need that more than some guy strumming an exotic instrument while walking barefoot on fallen leaves :loco:

yeah, it takes awhile ... took me as well ... and then it just hits you ... especially at loud volumes.

:kickass:

lurch70 said:
yeah, it takes awhile

Negative Andre, this was on first listen. My negative comments from before were based on 3 tracks heard through my shitty pc speakers, all while I was in a pissy mood. This time the music was consumed it its entirety, with headphones, during a state of tranquillity. :kickass:

If Nad didn't ridiculously name that Gojira thread "Free Willy Metal", I may have got in to these guys a year ago. :mad:

:worship:

I was basically sold on the first listen, but that may have been because I had heard most of their first two albums...on the other hand, I don't rate From Mars as highly as some people here, but it still rocks like a bastard and doesn't sound soulless IMO...

count me in for sure for the Dec 17th date in NYC. I've been exposed to Gojira some time ago and I won't miss this date for sure. The quality of their minimalist approach music just perplexes me. There is something special in their sound!

"I wanna live in the forest forever!"

J. said:
after checking out those two clips, an undeniable truth occurred to me: Gojira plays soulless music

I seriously have no idea whatsoever how you could have come to that conclusion.

Demonspell said:
I was basically sold on the first listen, but that may have been because I had heard most of their first two albums...on the other hand, I don't rate From Mars as highly as some people here, but it still rocks like a bastard and doesn't sound soulless IMO...

My first experience with them was live, and it was a near-religious experience. Their set at Download 2006 was ridiculously, unbelievably good, despite being criminally short.