Gods of Hair Metal

gods of hair metal

• Blackie Lawless

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Dee Snyder

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Hair bands are not metal, not even a little bit.

arent you the same pathetic poser who said judas priest is shit? :lol:

*pointslaughingatthestupidamerican*

Originally posted by Stormbringer

arent you the same pathetic poser who said judas priest is shit? :lol:

*pointslaughingatthestupidamerican*

Yep, that was me. I stand by it; Judas Priest are shit (except for "Painkiller" the song, which is good). I'm sorry to inform you, but its poseurs who listen to hair bands and other no-talent shit. I bet you love Poison and Warrant, you wanker. I'm very proud to admit I never liked that shit. Give me some old-school bay area thrash; that's what I was listening to when everyone else was listening to hair bands.

*pointslaughingattheposeureuropean*

Originally posted by jimbobhickville

Yep, that was me. I stand by it; Judas Priest are shit (except for "Painkiller" the song, which is good). I'm sorry to inform you, but its poseurs who listen to hair bands and other no-talent shit. I bet you love Poison and Warrant, you wanker. I'm very proud to admit I never liked that shit. Give me some old-school bay area thrash; that's what I was listening to when everyone else was listening to hair bands.

*pointslaughingattheposeureuropean*

Ohh Fuck off. You can't put Judas Priest in the same catagory as fucking poison and warrant, I grant not everything they did was great but they made some fucking good stuff, no talent shit indeed, you really are fucking clueless. Listen to Screaming for Vengeance or Exciter - That is not a fucking hair band.

MindMorgue.

hair metal is absolutely great fun.
it's party music for metallers, just like at a pop party someone would put on liquido - narcotic, i would put on mötley crüe - smoking in the boys room. :headbang:

hair metal is part of the heavy metal history. and i also thrashers fyi.

still, you need some serious education on music :lol:

Dee is a god, but Blackie is so much more of a God :D

jimbobhickville you're an idiot. Hair metal *IS* metal. Musically, even bands like Warrant aren't that far away from traditional heavy metal bands like Judas Priest and Manowar. Seriously, if you make the vocals in those bands wimpier, the production cleaner, and add some sleazy rock'n'roll attitude, they wouldn't be much different! It's still all about the fist-in-the-air drumming, flashy guitar solos, big choruses, etc..

And to compare WASP and Twisted Sister to Poison and Warrant is just wrong too. WASP and Twisted Sister are shock rocking heavy metal acts, Poison and Warrant and glam metal/hard rock.

You're probably one of those people who thinks that the only 80s metal which is really true metal is thrash and the early death/black bands. If you think like that you are excluding a huge part of heavy metal history. In the 80s, that stuff was only a small portion of the metal scene, until thrash gained some commerical popularity later on.

Personally, I'd call Poison and Bon Jovi more metal than new bands like Slipknot and Coal Chamber anyday.

Hehehe :D

And I forgot to mention, that guy also said "I'm sorry to inform you, but its poseurs who listen to hair bands".

Well, a poser is somebody who listens to music to be cool rather than because they really like it. Now maybe in the '80s lots of posers listened to glam because it was popular which is why lots of true metalheads didn't like glam at the time....

... but can you honestly say that somebody still listening to glam metal now in 2002, when it is completely unfashionable and one of the most ridiculed styles of music ever, is a poser?

I think not!!! Somebody who listens to hair metal now is anything but a poser! They are ignoring what is popular to listening to and going with their heart!

I have to agree. I'm ashamed of some of the shit I listened to in the 80's, but a lot of the hair metal that I listened to, I listened to it because I liked it and still do. It doesn't compare to anything that Anthrax has put out in the past decade, but I'll take Motley Crue and Faster Pussycat over most of the shit that's getting any radio play today.

As for the poll, it's gotta be Dee. Twisted Fuckin Sister...they deserve a lot more respect than they get nowadays... :)

Originally posted by Stormbringer
hair metal is absolutely great fun.
it's party music for metallers, just like at a pop party someone would put on liquido - narcotic, i would put on mötley crüe - smoking in the boys room. :headbang:

Hell yeah!!
I don't much care for that music when 'out in the world' but get me to a bar with some beer and a band that playes the 'good old' stuff and I feel great.
Luckily we have such a band in this little piece of shit village and they are playing in 2 weeks! They play a lot of old stuff from Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Kiss and so on, it's a lot of fun and the thing is it's not only for the metal heads, even the people who usually listen to pop like it, so :headbang: