Going to the Rochester show tomorrow night.

You know how to make me smile drippy

fatty1bh.jpg

katatonic. said:
Just came back... the setlist was:

Drapery Falls
Godhead's Lament
Deliverance
To Rid The Disease
THE GRAND CONJURATION
Demon Of The Fall

:OMG: wow.
Sound was great too ,other bands pretty much sucked. New song fits in the set real nice..................

If I can find a way to host the Quictime videos, the image quality is MUCH better, however the sound completely oversaturated the camera's mic, so it sounds like ass. Still, the video looks great......

I got almost the entire performance of Godhead's lament on video and most of the Drapery Falls peformance.

The_Isle said:
Can anyone provide a better description of the song from memory, other than "it killed"?

It blew everyone away. Mike also played the solo PERFECTLY. I think it sounded a lot heavier live. I don't know if it will on the album, but it did last night. Martin was like Niel freakin' Peart on the drums on that tune.

I just have to add that the sound at last night's show was FANTASTIC and the band sounded tight.

Aside from Opeth, Strapping Young Lad put on a crazy show. Devin really knows how to entertain a crowd. That dude is funny and crazy as hell.

another cool thing about it is that MAYBE they played grand conjuration because of the downloads and maybe they will never play it again so it could be the only chance to hear it. I try to look at it this way instead of being disappointed because I already heard it. There are a lot of great songs we never heard live. But again maybe they'll play it again and again in the future.

the show was awsome last night, besides the fact that when the show was over, i was dripping wet in my own sweat from the humidity in the penny...it must have been well over 150 degrees in that place...then i had to run outside just before the end of demon of the fall so that mikeal could sign my bloodbath shirt :)

IAmTheAntichrist said:
It blew everyone away. Mike also played the solo PERFECTLY. I think it sounded a lot heavier live. I don't know if it will on the album, but it did last night. Martin was like Niel freakin' Peart on the drums on that tune.

I just have to add that the sound at last night's show was FANTASTIC and the band sounded tight.

Aside from Opeth, Strapping Young Lad put on a crazy show. Devin really knows how to entertain a crowd. That dude is funny and crazy as hell.

After the SYL set, i went outside and was talking to Gene Hoglan for awhile, hehe :p and ya, Devin was crazy as hell :)

Mass_Strangulation said:
After the SYL set, i went outside and was talking to Gene Hoglan for awhile, hehe :p and ya, Devin was crazy as hell :)

Devin was fuckin' HILARIOUS!

He's a freaking madman onstage and then after the show he's like this meek little art school kid. Total transformation.

Opeth kicked ass and yeah it was hot as hell in the arcade.

OK I edited down 3 small snippets of Quicktime video and uploaded to Putfile.com. They only allow 10mb or less so that's the best I could do.

Now before the whining starts....... Yes - the sound is ASS on these. In hindsight, I guess I should have put some sort of muffle over the mic-hole on my camera to keep it from oversaturating..... Bloody shame. But - the video is very nice in a small quicktime window IMO! Especially on Godhead's Lament and Drapery :headbang:

OK here's what I got to share so far:

The beginning of Godhead's Lament

The beginning of The Drapery Falls

A small portion of The Grand Conjuration before it gets heavy.

Looking for a Job said:
good stuff anti. now we need people to record more than 30 seconds at a time :erk:

btw, it looks like conjuration isn't a fake afterall lOLOLL1

I have Godhead's Lament and Drapery pretty much in their entirety, but then my camera got full so I had to delete some other crap (not sure if I deleted anything good) to get a small snippet of Conjuration and Deliverance. I think I accidentally deleted To Rid The Disease :erk:

Regardless - I can't post the entire Godhead or drapery vids cuz they're well over 100MB. Sorry.

Someone volunteer their webspace to host for him!

edit: or upload to yousendit.com

saut said:
Someone volunteer their webspace to host for him!

edit: or upload to yousendit.com

sweet - I've been looking for a website to email large files. This will work.

Here's the plan.........

I'll email what I've got to one person. Then that person emails it to the next person and so on and so forth - this way I'm not emailing all friggin' day and everyone sort of does a little work if they want it.

Since you pointed me to the site I'll email it to you first to see if it works....