Good action RPG games?

BrettT

Aug 29, 2006
Austin, TX
For PS3 or PC. Something along the lines of Diablo, Diablo II, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. I have Sacred laying around somewhere but have never played it...any good?

from what I hear "Sacred" is very similar to "Baldur's Gate" and also the "Champions of Norrath" games from the PS2. Haven't played it myself yet but I love those other games so I may have to pick it up now that I beat GOW III

from what I hear "Sacred" is very similar to "Baldur's Gate" and also the "Champions of Norrath" games from the PS2. Haven't played it myself yet but I love those other games so I may have to pick it up now that I beat GOW III

Never got to play Champions of Norrath....wish my PS2 still worked or they would release it for d/l on PS3.

I´m just playing Two Worlds 2. It´s an open world RPG, similar to Oblivion. I played it about 20 hours yet and I can say it´s pretty good, but not perfect. The problem, the enemies aren´t that intelligent what brought some lolz...walking against walls and stuff :lol: I love the crafting and the mages system.

Edit: Dunno when it´ll be release in the States, but I heared Jan. 2011

Never got to play Champions of Norrath....wish my PS2 still worked or they would release it for d/l on PS3.

Yeah I still regularly play both CON games ... I actually liked them a bit more than the BG games. Don't see them ever being released for PS3 though so unless they make a new one specifically for PS3 you're a bit out of luck on that. People have been waiting for that as long as they've been waiting for the Hogs of War sequel :p

Aren't Fallout and Mass Effect more FPS style RRG's? I'm more into the hack and slash, spellcasting type games with more d&d style settings. Metroid Prime is the only FPS style RPG that I ever really got into.

Loaded Sacred today and played for about an hour...seems like it may ease my craving for a while.

Red Dead Redemption does seem like it may be up my alley with the western vibe.

Aren't Fallout and Mass Effect more FPS style RRG's? I'm more into the hack and slash, spellcasting type games with more d&d style settings. Metroid Prime is the only FPS style RPG that I ever really got into.

Loaded Sacred today and played for about an hour...seems like it may ease my craving for a while.

Red Dead Redemption does seem like it may be up my alley with the western vibe.

Nah when I say Fallout I mean before the gay ass FPS style. Fallout 1 and 2 are what you would like.

943188763d1255310473-fallout-2-restoration-project-primtribe1.jpg

Mass Effect 1+2 are third person perspective, but yes, there is a heavy shooter element - HOWEVER, both are prime examples of what matters most to me in an RPG - an amazingly detailed universe to immerse yourself in, with fantastically written and acted characters and a compelling story. ME1 is great, ME2 is a fucking masterpiece IMO, but definitely play the first, well, first

Played the ME2 demo on PS3 last night.
Same thing happened as in ME1. I had a far better time reading the codex entries than playing the game itself haha.a

Check out Guild Wars too, Brett. They're not as active as they once were, but damn cool games.

Also if you want more Isometric old school RPG bliss, check out Arcanum and Planescape: Torment.