Good American Metal... Really

Donnie Darko said:
Lamb of God
Hatebreed
Nile
Fear Factory
Slayer
QFT but havent heard hatebreed.
And I heard a song on my digital cable metal music channal from the new fear factory, and it was horrible.. it was like the same riff the whole song. :erk:

Moloch said:
QFT but havent heard hatebreed.
And I heard a song on my digital cable metal music channal from the new fear factory, and it was horrible.. it was like the same riff the whole song. :erk:

Yeah, Fear Factory have been getting weaker continuously since Demanufacture. 9 years of decline brings us up to the new one.

Hatebreed are like Pantera without the technical ability and with a big slab of generic hardcore in the mix.

Devillicus said:
Yeah, Fear Factory have been getting weaker continuously since Demanufacture. 9 years of decline brings us up to the new one.

Hatebreed are like Pantera without the technical ability and with a big slab of generic hardcore in the mix.
I never really liked pantera- not as heavy as everyone says.

Yeah, and some of the stuff from Trendkill like Suicide Note Pt2 and the title track are pretty brutal.

But Pantera mix brutal with honest-to-god songs, as the best always do. Maybe I'm just showing my age....

Moloch said:
Compared to the death and black metal I listen to it's like milchael bolten :tickled:

Michael Bolton? :tickled:

Well it's not something you go for if you're looking for insanely heavy, obviously. People who tell you that Pantera is extremely heavy are usually yobs who listen to Pantera to make out like they're hard in front of their rock radio listening friends.

So Moloch, I remember us both praising the mighty Immortal in a previous post, what other black + death stuff are you into?

Devillicus said:
Michael Bolton? :tickled:

Well it's not something you go for if you're looking for insanely heavy, obviously. People who tell you that Pantera is extremely heavy are usually yobs who listen to Pantera to make out like they're hard in front of their rock radio listening friends.

So Moloch, I remember us both praising the mighty Immortal in a previous post, what other black + death stuff are you into?
I love nile- unas slayer of the gods is insane..
Um, old mans child, old dimmu borgir, old satyricon, dark funeral, dark trainquility(glad they havent sold out yet) dissection, dying fetus is pretty good, emperor, gotta love meshhugah, their "I" is amazing, opeth= sex, blood bath(have yet to get their new one), strapping young lad, and lately I've been into some non death metal bands- grave digger and dream evil, and I dig moon spells, symphony X.
I still have many bands to get, but I'm happy with my selection.

Moloch said:
I love nile- unas slayer of the gods is insane..
Um, old mans child, old dimmu borgir, old satyricon, dark funeral, dark trainquility(glad they havent sold out yet) dissection, dying fetus is pretty good, emperor, gotta love meshhugah, their "I" is amazing, opeth= sex, blood bath(have yet to get their new one), strapping young lad, and lately I've been into some non death metal bands- grave digger and dream evil, and I dig moon spells, symphony X.
I still have many bands to get, but I'm happy with my selection.

Not so familiar with Nile, I've heard the odd track now and then and it seems pretty good.

Old Dimmu and Satyricon is wonderful! Dark Medieval Times, Stormblast, Shadowthrone, Nemesis Divina, For All Tid... some of my favourite albums. I don't mind their new albums either. Old Man's Child I don't mind, Pagan Prosperity is good, though I thought the next couple weren't all that amazing. I haven't heard the newest one or the first one though.

Dark Funeral, very cool, Dark Tranquillity very cool (can't wait for Character to come out!), LOVE Dissection, Emperor=godly, Opeth does indeed=sex, Bloodbath, I've heard a bit of the new one, and it sounds a mite heavier than the first. I don't think it'll be as good, but I guess I'll find out.

Dying Fetus I don't know, Meshuggah, I've heard Nothing, but nothing else. It was okay. I really like Tomas Haake's drumming on that record. SYL, oh yeah! I also like Devy's solo material. Moonspell (is that who you meant or is moon spells someone else entirely) are pretty cool, I've been meaning to check out Dream Evil and Symphony X, Grave Digger I don't know.

I also like Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Arcturus, old Cradle of Filth, Borknagar, Peccatum, At The Gates/The Haunted, Amorphis, Bathory, Celtic Frost and Death (in terms of black/death stuff). There are others but that's what popped into my head, and damned if this post needs to get any longer.

And yes, nick, Immortal do indeed 'own'. Every album is a classic (with perhaps the exception of Blizzard Beasts). There's not too many bands who could make a similar claim.

:tickled: Michael Bolton... That just gets funnier each time I think of that flowing mullet....

Devillicus said:
Not so familiar with Nile, I've heard the odd track now and then and it seems pretty good.

Old Dimmu and Satyricon is wonderful! Dark Medieval Times, Stormblast, Shadowthrone, Nemesis Divina, For All Tid... some of my favourite albums. I don't mind their new albums either. Old Man's Child I don't mind, Pagan Prosperity is good, though I thought the next couple weren't all that amazing. I haven't heard the newest one or the first one though.

Dark Funeral, very cool, Dark Tranquillity very cool (can't wait for Character to come out!), LOVE Dissection, Emperor=godly, Opeth does indeed=sex, Bloodbath, I've heard a bit of the new one, and it sounds a mite heavier than the first. I don't think it'll be as good, but I guess I'll find out.

Dying Fetus I don't know, Meshuggah, I've heard Nothing, but nothing else. It was okay. I really like Tomas Haake's drumming on that record. SYL, oh yeah! I also like Devy's solo material. Moonspell (is that who you meant or is moon spells someone else entirely) are pretty cool, I've been meaning to check out Dream Evil and Symphony X, Grave Digger I don't know.

I also like Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Arcturus, old Cradle of Filth, Borknagar, Peccatum, At The Gates/The Haunted, Amorphis, Bathory, Celtic Frost and Death (in terms of black/death stuff). There are others but that's what popped into my head, and damned if this post needs to get any longer.

And yes, nick, Immortal do indeed 'own'. Every album is a classic (with perhaps the exception of Blizzard Beasts). There's not too many bands who could make a similar claim.

:tickled: Michael Bolton... That just gets funnier each time I think of that flowing mullet....
I got the promo for charactor- another amazing album by DT,
I only got two old man's child albums, In Defiance of Existence and Revelation 666, it's like old dimmu borgir, not surprisingly, though I support dimmu borgir's "sellout" album, I seriously can't get into Death cult.
Get the nile album "In Their Darkened Shrines", it's the latest and greatest and I think it's where they really got everything together, their older stuff is too raw for me.
Nothing isn't meshuggah at their best, it's an easier to listen record vs others, but that's exactly the problem, not complex enough, though it has some killer stand out tracks like when giants collide- killer solo, spasm is awesome- heavy and I like the voice effect, and nice dissonence, closed eye visuals is another good one, nice solo and quiet part.
Though I is fucking amazing, sounds best played loud and with good speakers that and nice and clear.
I really like the meshuggah album, as a whole, Contradictions Collapse, destoy erase inprove.. really I dig all their stuff.
I think if their singer was a bit better they could even better, sure he's heavy, but too rough.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I like them.

What about Vehemence, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Shadows Fall, Leviathan, Absu, and Fragments of Unbecoming?
I like 'Shadows Fall' though when I saw them last they performed kind of tired and lamish and I hate their video stuff. Lamb of god

anonymousnick2001 said:
What about Vehemence, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Shadows Fall, Leviathan, Absu, and Fragments of Unbecoming?

what about them? they all suck. the only american metal band worth anything anymore is nevermore, who also happen to be the best metl band on the planet. over all though, europe kicks the shit out of american metal, and food too. oh and women as well.

in the above posts, no one has mentioned ULVER. Well, OLD ulver that is - BEST fucking black metal I have ever heard. Bergtatt is a masterpiece!

As for American, what about November's Doom? I like some of their stuff.

listen to psycroptic
best actual death metal band around for a long time.

check out the song 'skin coffin'

case rested, i await people's thoughts........