Good Doom Metal

Don Corleone said:
some great stoner rock on there too

how about some stoner rock recommendations, too? tell me names i dont know

i have the classic stuff like kyuss, trouble, monster magnet...what else? tell me

Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics (they are more sludge metal than stoner but they are awesome and worth checking out)
Acid King - Busse Woods (female fronted stoner rock)
Fu Manchu - In Search Of...
Orange Goblin - Frequencies From Planet Ten
Spiritual Beggars - Ad Astra

Oh, and definitely Electric Wizard which I see has already been mentioned. If you have neighbours, and would like to annoy them by making the paint chip off their walls, get that. I'm pretty sure my speakers move a few inches everytime I listen to Dopethrone.

House of Seance said:
well with Esoteric always coming up in almost all metal-related threads I guess I should put "check out Esoteric" a little higher on the musical priority list

I'm saddened that I can't actually find any samples of their music. I found the web page, but it doesn't look like they have any samples up (I browsed quickly since I should sleep though). Other than that, I found a terrible hardcore band called The Esoteric.

ok, i think i'll throw out a band for you, how about antestor? yes i know they're a christian band, but this is some gloomy stuff (the older stuff is {return of the black death}, the newer is more of a black metal style), but try listening to them without any anti-religious bias.
otherwise, i like candlemass, paradise lost and anathema as far as doom metal bands

PeeWee1473 said:
I'm saddened that I can't actually find any samples of their music. I found the web page, but it doesn't look like they have any samples up (I browsed quickly since I should sleep though). Other than that, I found a terrible hardcore band called The Esoteric.
they do have short samples of most of the songs on the website. just click on the images of the album covers and you will see on that album's page.

neuroticandroid said:
ok, i think i'll throw out a band for you, how about antestor? yes i know they're a christian band, but this is some gloomy stuff (the older stuff is {return of the black death}, the newer is more of a black metal style), but try listening to them without any anti-religious bias.
otherwise, i like candlemass, paradise lost and anathema as far as doom metal bands

Being a Christian band isn't exactly uncommon in doom metal. Place of Skulls is a Christian band too, and Saint Vitus was as well (atleast during part of their carreer). As long as the lyrics are not in any way preachy then I don't really care, personally. But I will not listen to music telling me about how Jesus was (is) a cool dude.

Don Corleone said:
some great stoner rock on there too

how about some stoner rock recommendations, too? tell me names i dont know

i have the classic stuff like kyuss, trouble, monster magnet...what else? tell me

Someone already mentioned Spiritual Beggars, so yup, listen to them. You probably already know that that's Per Wiberg's other band. Also, try out Karma to Burn.

Another mentioned band is Dolorian. I'm not whizz when it comes to doom metal knowledge, but I had to mention that I love this band. They were one of the first metal bands that I ever heard! Specifically, the When All Laughter Has Gone album. Go get!

CAIRATH said:
Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics (they are more sludge metal than stoner but they are awesome and worth checking out)

PTT is stoner imo. When The Kit String pops is without a doubt sludge.

Pethical said:
anyone else? i know you know everything NFU. i was referring to other people that wont instantly say that it sucks.

funny how you write off the person whos most qualified for questions like this as just being some tyrant who says everything sucks "instantly". :Smug:

Pethical said:
but u do? you are the um23 tyrant. its been widely established by the fact that you do say that 99% of what everyone suggests sucks.

first of all, i cant help it if everything most of you suggest is absolute crap...raise the bar a bit then.

but regardless...that doesnt change the fact that everything i recommend is solid fucking gold does it? please