Good Doom Metal

dw, id just prefer it if things were a bit more open on these forums, instead of you being the final word on whether something is good or not. im not doubting your recommendations, becuase they are solid as you say, but some people might appreciate what you dont.

Pethical said:
dw, id just prefer it if things were a bit more open on these forums, instead of you being the final word on whether something is good or not. im not doubting your recommendations, becuase they are solid as you say, but some people might appreciate what you dont.

OHHH, so i AM the final word then?!?! i thought i was just voicing my opinion like everyone else. perhaps you people are actually listening from inside the closet then?!?! interestingggg

Pethical said:
because i always like your suggestions i do say that you are a final word for things that are good, but not for things that you dont like, which i sometimes do.

hm. i suppose you have a point.

refinement takes time though. patience is my recommendation and remedy. lulz

I really like Before the Rain actually, I'm listening to The Swansong as we speak...

My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Soulpreacher, Mourning Beloveth, Mills of God, Dust, Paramaecium, Men in Search of the Perfect Weapon, Beneath the Frozen Soil, Officium Triste, Before the Rain, Dirge.

That's all I can really come up with off the top of my head, but I know theres definetley a host of bands that I'm forgetting.

Evoken, Saint Vitus, Sunn0))), Earth, Solitude Aeturnus, Thergothon,Morgion, CandleMass, Shape of despair( Sooo beautiful)...Few bands can pull off the down-tempo ( i have only named a few and some normal doom bands situated round the doom genre), drone sound. But, if you get it from the get go, you will find its truly worth listening too.

up to know the only doom bands i've come to enjoy are esoteric, asunder and morgion, could anyone recommend to me anything that sounds similar to esoteric
(ive heard that they are similar to disembowel so i decided to check them out, it just doesnt work as well without the psychedelic elements) , so yeah are there any others that has the same isolated feel of esoteric and that incorporate psychedelic elements in the music?

DRSmith said:
I really like Before the Rain actually, I'm listening to The Swansong as we speak...

My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Soulpreacher, Mourning Beloveth, Mills of God, Dust, Paramaecium, Men in Search of the Perfect Weapon, Beneath the Frozen Soil, Officium Triste, Before the Rain, Dirge.

That's all I can really come up with off the top of my head, but I know theres definetley a host of bands that I'm forgetting.

Novembers Doom are sub-par shite

DRSmith said:
I respect your opinions, as long as you respect mine.

all good... I say that because I brought that album expecting somethng good but was sorely disappointed. Wasting money on a crap CD that you have been recommended is never fun. I like the album cover though.