Good luck to Turkey !!

About Scolari's most recent international record:

2000: Copa Mercosul - Cruzeiro
2001: Copa Toyota Libertadores - Cruzeiro

Well, it's exactly like winning the UEFA Cup one year and the Champions League the other year, with the same team. Oh, and Cruzeiro is no Real Madrid. Not even Galatasaray. I mean, last season it wasn't dominating at all in the Brasileiro.

Oh, and you can add the World Cup Champion 2002 to this :heh: Now doesn't this make him a brilliant coach? :D

Seriously, probably he's the first Brazilian coach since 1970 who can combine the stylish beautiful Brazilian way of football with a certain level of firm tactics and team play. And the success seems to come with it. You can't deny, Brazil's games were the most enjoyable and amusing games for the neutral spectator in the World Cup.

Hmmm, Brazil played the most enjoyable and amusing games in this World Cup, but that alone does not make Scolari a brilliant coach. I can't help but think I would have created a more enjoyable and amusing play if I had raw material of such outstanding quality :)
However, his career with Cruzeiro tells me I've got to think twice...

Btw, I would play the sub keeper for Ronaldinho if I were Scolari, but damn, I'm someone else :s

Originally posted by IRoN
Hmmm, Brazil played the most enjoyable and amusing games in this World Cup, but that alone does not make Scolari a brilliant coach. I can't help but think I would have created a more enjoyable and amusing play if I had raw material of such outstanding quality :)

Well, I never meant that he'd be a brilliant coach because of this WC's performance alone :p
I don't doubt that you would have created a more enjoyable and amusing play with this squad, but hey, he was the 4th national coach in charge during the qualifiers, and the 3 others failed miserably. So, it's not that easy as it may seem!

Btw, I would play the sub keeper for Ronaldinho if I were Scolari, but damn, I'm someone else :s

:lol:, so that's all about Umy the football expert :lol: My dear friend, one of the 2 sub keepers (Rogerio Ceni) is a significant goal scorer in the top club São Paulo FC :D I remember that free kick he smashed into Dida's (the other sub keeper) net in the Corinthians-SPFC Brasilian Cup semi-final :)
Well, uh, ok, I admit probably he wouldn't perform well as a forward ;)

Well, I had doubts about Scolari's mental capacity because he was the only person on earth who thought the penalty decision in the group opener was a correct one. Besides, he defended Rivaldo for Unsal's red card incident, saying Rivaldo did nothing against fair play; he was holding his face only to protect it from the ball :s

Anyway, here's my opinion for Wednesday's match: No matter what happens, Ronaldo should be banned from the semi-final game, only because of his new hair style! :eek:
(I'm not saying this to save Turkey from his striker skills, really, I only want to protect the dignity of football :D )

Well I just want to wish good luck for Turkey!
I hope for a Brazilian victory, but most of all I'd like to see a good, entertaining game, the best so far in this World Cup. Let the team who deserves the most go to the final. :)

ps: important: the winner must kick the flesh off the German arses in the final!!! :heh:

Why am I happy as if we have won?!
Maybe that's because the stress of the match is now thankfully over. Maybe that's because this is only the second time we're in the World Cup finals, and I find 3rd/4th place enough a prize; a foundation for a brighter future. Maybe that's because I'm completely satisfied with the effort our players put in. Maybe all three reasons apply.

After the 20th minute, Brazil showed us that experience counts as much as skill. Ronaldo's goal was rightfully deserved and Brazil were destined to win (Ivi, noticed the vital angle the ball bounced off Rustu's gloves?).
Well, I congratulate Brazil. But ten times that appreciation goes to Turkish players. Our people needed something to cheer about, and they gave us that precise thing. I hope we grab the third place at least and return home with a medal. And I hope the Germans beat the hell out of Brazil (heh, kidding)!

Originally posted by IRoN

After the 20th minute, Brazil showed us that experience counts as much as skill. Ronaldo's goal was rightfully deserved and Brazil were destined to win (Ivi, noticed the vital angle the ball bounced off Rustu's gloves?).

Yeah, it seems you were right about football gods :)

And yes Umy you have every reason to be happy :) Turkey showed even in the semi final that there was a lot of work behind this success. Because getting in the top 4 would be a success for every team. No, it would be very stupid to feel disappointed with the bronze medal - you got it already, even the 4th gets it :)
I hope you'll kick SK ass so your WC record will be better than the Belgians' :lol:
We agree on how things went on the field. The first 20 minutes were absolutely dominated by the Turks. After that, especially in the second half, it was only Rustu and the selfishness of the Brazilian strikers that prevented a serious defeat. BUT Turks were completely equal to Brazilians between the two penalty areas (until they had the physical strength). I also have to say that for 60 minutes Brazil played almost perfectly. So I think Turkey proved today that there's a new and powerful football nation on the world map. :)

But, Germany is in the final :cry: It will be a PAIN to see those football-killers on the field (so far I only watched their game against Cameroon in the hope that the Africans would knock them out, apart from that, no way, that's like self-torturing), especially in a world cup final. The only painkiller could be a knock-out, humiliating Brazilian victory! :mad:

The last match between turkey and germany was in munih stadium and there was 40-45 thousand turkish fans 20-25 thousand german fans..What a shame...:) Turkish fans bought the tickets of germans from them by paying more.
Can you imagine?
A german player goes to the field as if he is in away field in his own country...:lol:

They've made it after all! ;)

but surprisingly I knew the winer before the match starts!
I never thought that Coreans were such an important team for them. I'm really surprised how the;ve made it till finals! :rolleyes: