good melodic death metal bands

silentlistener

skaredsoul
Nov 7, 2001
california
Visit site
Hi All, I found a few very good melodic death metal bands.

Enter My Silence - The band sounded like In Flames (like Whoracle). Niklas Sundin has done the artwork. Its very good, worth getting the album.
Dispatched - sounded like mixing CoB and DT.
Behind the Scenery, Burden of grief and Dawn of Dreams- like ETOS
Burried Dreams - Spin dimmu borgir at 45
Divine Souls - more like In flames and a bit like DT, but very good
Duskfall - little like CoB with out keyboards
Guidance of Sin - like Gardenian
Fatal Embrace - blend of sykdancer dt and minds I dt
Hades - like queensryche and jacobs dream
Taetre - like forsaken
Suidakra - like forsaken and throne of chaos
Dreamtide, Lost Horizon - very good melodies, heavy metal, not death
Maze of Torment, Without Grief and Sins of Omission - have good death metal vocals

I found a lot of songs from www.audiogalaxy.com
Thanks for listening!!

Sacrilege !!

everyone should know them: The former band of In Flames drummer Daniel Svensson (he did the drumming and vocals) ...the band that perfected the Göteborg DM style with their album 'The Fifth Season'. They were so fucking good that In Flames hired Svensson because they saw that Sacrilege was 1000 times better than In Flames :lol: ...so Sacrilege split up in 1998 :cry:, some time after the recording of their 2nd album (both recorded in studio Fredman). But they still did a tour before splitting up - with Tompa from At The Gates at the vocals.

The only reason they never got famous was because their label Black Sun records didn't have the distribution and money for advertising that Nuclear Blast or Osmose have...

btw: the ex-Sacrilege bassist now sings in NIGHTSHADE...also a great Melodic Death Band...they can be described as a mix of early Dark Tranquillity and Tales-era Amorphis. Their debut came out in autumn '00 on Scarlet records.

:D
behind the scenery rock quite well, they are germans and very dak tranquillity-like, especially the first album!

Then there is the swedish band sins of omission, whose debut album was produced by anders friden, and it is quite good

Does anyone know the band Hypocrite? They are great!!!

Furthermore there are bands like:

1. Night In Gales
2. In Blackest Velvet
3 Anata
4. In Thy Dreams
these bands are all quite similar, with great guitars and screamy vocals, go and check them out!

cya

www.accb.de

someone forgot

Shadow - japanese band, sounds a lot like in flames and at the gates, it's very good, the singer is a woman, IMO she's better than arch enemy's b*tch. :rolleyes:

Kalmah - children of bodom's clones, but without the anoying vocals of alexi laiho and the silly-pop keyboards. not as good as COB, but worth buying.

A canorous quintet - the only pure hate - great album IMO

Originally posted by phyre
Nice avatar. I'm wearing a shirt with that very OpenBSD daemon in this moment
:eek: wow, I'm speechless! I thought I was the only geek here (ok, I'm not really one, don't even look like one...but I'm using the OS since late '98). But fucking great to see an OBSD user here...the last thing I'd expected!! :):):) btw: good to hear that you're supporting the project by buying a shirt...they need all the money they can get.

Originally posted by Tabasko
behind the scenery rock quite well, they are germans and very dak tranquillity-like, especially the first album!
I agree. I prefer the debut to their 2nd release. Too bad that it's only a MCD. But I think it's somewhat strange that the band themselves say that their 1st release wasn't so good...

Then there is the swedish band sins of omission, whose debut
album was produced by anders friden, and it is quite good
Hm, I have 'The Creation' and I love it...but since the recording of that album, some line-up changes occured: the guitarist and vocalist who also wrote most of those funny lyrics left, now they have 2 new members...
Have you already listened to 'Flesh on your bones?' If so, how does it compare to their debut?

damn I still didn't find that Ceremonial Oath CD. And I still need to get the CD version of Ebony Tear's "Tortura Insomnia"...I "only" have the picture LP version :)

DON'T YOU BOTHER IN GETTING CEREMONIAL OATH!!!!!!
the album is interesting in terms of melo-death gothemburg sound history, for hardcore fans, but the songs are worthless, pathetic, the album is bad, as bad as ablaze my sorrow's first one, so if you happen to like it in any way or another, contact me I can sell it to you for $8 super cheap price (I paid $20 for it) :rolleyes:

hm, I'm interested in "melo-death gothenburg sound history", but if this:
as bad as ablaze my sorrow's first one
is true, I SHOULD rather let it be...

thanx for the warning...

Here are some more bands you forgot!

1.Withering Surface (Great band catchy has hell!)
2.NonExist(With former AE singer Johan Liiva)
3.Lillitu

Originally posted by HarmonyDies....
Here are some more bands you forgot!

1.Withering Surface (Great band catchy has hell!)
2.NonExist(With former AE singer Johan Liiva)
3.Lillitu

withering surface is a more agressive version of sentenced, but with growls, it rocks!

Lilitu simply rules :D

phyre: I've never sold anything through internet, but there's a first time for everything :D I got Carpet, for $8, no idea how to receive your money, maybe pay pal? need some help

I can't wait for this NonExist album to be released - I heard that Johan _really_ improved his screams and even people who used to hate his vocals seem to like him now...

Originally posted by phyre
And Nico, actually I'm using Slackware Linux only at this time, but I am planning to run OpenBSD on one 486 and one DEC VAXstation (maybe) later. Have used it before though, and it's a great OS. I guess you could call me a UNIX geek...
heh, I was also crazy about that stuff 2 years ago, in a way I still am, but don't have enough time to concentrate on that stuff, as you know, it's very time consuming. But I also learned every single vi-command, all the shells thousands of nifty tricks...I even read most of the old papers by Ken Thompson & Dennis Ritchie, you can call me "the walking UNIX history encylopedia" :) But nowadays I rather listen to some good album instead of hanging in front of a book the whole day...I hope I'll have time for this stuff again in some years. BTW: I think Slackware is the best Linux distri...it was my first one, but after only some months I started using OpenBSD, my first version was 2.2, I heard that 3.0 is already out now...too bad I don't have time to follow that stuff. Well, I can only recommend it to you, it's the best OS _ever_ IMHO. And I tried alot...Solaris, the other BSDs and alot more...
A friend of mine also has a VAX...but he's running old VMS on it :)

P.S.: almost exactly a year ago, one week after popstad 2001, I used my OpenBSD machine to downloaded this huge Dark Tranquillity live-mp3 from your comp via Napster using the "lopster" client. I still haven't found enough time to record it on MD...or maybe I'm just lazy :lol:

ehmmm
the haunted
soilwork
hipocrisy
nahemah
eternal tears of sorrow
throne of chaos

and leaning towards it
novembre
asgaroth

-Amon Amarth

-Old Sentenced (North from Here/Shadows of the Past)

-Vintersorg (kinda more folk than death but still great, favorite band at moment :D )

-Old Amorphis (Tales from the Thousand Lakes)

SOILWORK! :headbang: been in my changer quite a lot.......

I strongly recomend this band
At the Flames of Tranquillity in the Dark of a Misty Children of Amarth Upon An Oaten Thorn of the Hails and Cries in the Edge Of Darkness And Eternal Nocturnal Blasphemies
I think they're touring in Australia these days

well they WOULD be touring if phyros (where is that boy?) didnt get our front man drunk, now we gotta send the bugger home...........erm. Also check out Havayoth (well their not metal, and their not death, but its Vintersorg and its a masterpiece!)

Originally posted by FatherVic
I strongly recomend this band
At the Flames of Tranquillity in the Dark of a Misty Children of Amarth Upon An Oaten Thorn of the Hails and Cries in the Edge Of Darkness And Eternal Nocturnal Blasphemies
I think they're touring in Australia these days

the band's name is very inspired by Bal Sagoth ;)

(i felt the urge to post some "strunt"/stupid things) hehe