good melodic death metal bands

Oh. Reading through this thread, I see that almost everything passes as melodeath these days. However, this thread is unnecessary, as most of you already found the best melodeath band.

And terminal spirit disease is great, while slaughter of the soul isn't.

No one posted Disillusioned?

They are fucking great, get anything but Gloria to start off with.

Back to Times of Splendor is one of my favorite albums - epic, narrative, expressive melodeath with some amazing songwriting, Three Neuron Kings and The Porter are old-school melodeath and really good, and Gloria is pretty weird but has some very good moments.

Insomnium - absolutely!
On their last release there are some nearly perfect melodeath-songs. I look forward to their new release coming later this year!

...but a little bit ahead imo are
MORS PRINCIPIUM EST
Especially their 2nd Release is breathtaking!

Also not that bad are Zonaria and Sacramentum...

:zombie: 2002! silly me in 2002! o_O

the best NEW melodic death bands (who have a lot of thrash moments as well) are in my Opinion: The Absence from Florida and Sylosis from the UK. Both bands are fresh sounding and intense/precise and memorable. check them out.

Insomnium - absolutely!
On their last release there are some nearly perfect melodeath-songs. I look forward to their new release coming later this year!

...but a little bit ahead imo are
MORS PRINCIPIUM EST
Especially their 2nd Release is breathtaking!
Mors Principium Est's all albums are great (3 of them so far), Insomnium to me resembles more DT.
And as someone mentioned, Edge of Sanity is a must!
I'm not sure if someone has mentioned one of these or both but Omnium Gatherum and Noumena are also worth checking out.

This.

I saw this thread while scrolling past the DT forum and instantly came in to post this.

It's great that people who don't consider them local whoring them out! :kickass:

Their myspace

Sun's Delusion, Venator and FSTS are from their new album, the rest are from their debut.

Yeah dude i whore them out to my friends [pretty much every time we talk and on our facebook forum (ABC's of Metal, Join it *cough couch*).

SUCH a great band

Some other great melodeath (i have tons but not all is great lol)
obviously DT, ATG, In flames (If you all dont like the new stuff dont listen to it)
Insomnium
Fatal Embrace
IN THY DREAMS
A Canorous QUintet
Noumena
Disinterment (obscure american melodeath with only one cd and bad production but oh those riffs, Kris norris ex darkest hour is the singer and guitrar player)
Enforsaken
EDge of sanity (Dan Swano is my lord and savior)
Garden of shadows
IN MOURNING
unanimated
Vehemence
without grief

I guess i could have made this two posts but im lazy.

I have plenty more melodeath but these are just the good ones i could think of while in class. My collection is like half melodeath lol

I thought I posted in this thread a couple of months ago, but I don't see my post. That's ok...I think there was another like this titled "Rare melodic death" or something. Whatever.

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation (1993)
Depresy - The Grand Magnificence EP [1995/1996] (GET IT, you will NOT be disappointed...)
Schaliach - Sonrise (this a rare gem, from Ole Borud of Extol in 1995...very underrated)
A Canorous Quintet - Silence Of The World Beyond (1996)
Dimension Zero - Penetrations From The Lost World EP (1997)
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds (1997)
Gardenian - Soulburner (1999)
Suidakra - The Arcanum (2000)
Quo Vadis - Day Into Night (2001)
Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon [2001] (doomier...but still catchy with pretty melodies)
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - A Virgin and A Whore (2001)
Omnium Gatherun - Spirits of August Light (2003)
Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance (2003)

These bands aren't super rare or anything...they're in my opinion, the best lesser known melo-death albums. There's of course more, but they've already been mentioned like Nightshade (swe) - Wield the Scythe, Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity, Ebony Tears - Torture Insomniae, Nonexist - Deus Deceptor, Amon Amarth - sorrow throughout the nine worlds etc.

I thought I posted in this thread a couple of months ago, but I don't see my post. That's ok...I think there was another like this titled "Rare melodic death" or something. Whatever.

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation (1993)
Depresy - The Grand Magnificence EP [1995/1996] (GET IT, you will NOT be disappointed...)
Schaliach - Sonrise (this a rare gem, from Ole Borud of Extol in 1995...very underrated)
A Canorous Quintet - Silence Of The World Beyond (1996)
Dimension Zero - Penetrations From The Lost World EP (1997)
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds (1997)
Gardenian - Soulburner (1999)
Suidakra - The Arcanum (2000)
Quo Vadis - Day Into Night (2001)
Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon [2001] (doomier...but still catchy with pretty melodies)
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - A Virgin and A Whore (2001)
Omnium Gatherun - Spirits of August Light (2003)
Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance (2003)

These bands aren't super rare or anything...they're in my opinion, the best lesser known melo-death albums. There's of course more, but they've already been mentioned like Nightshade (swe) - Wield the Scythe, Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity, Ebony Tears - Torture Insomniae, Nonexist - Deus Deceptor, Amon Amarth - sorrow throughout the nine worlds etc.

Finally someone mentioned Eucharist!!! They fucking kill!!!:worship:

Some of my Fav melo-DM albums

Desultory - Into Eternity and Bitterness
Unanimated - the first two, the new one is alright but overproduced
Dawn - Slaughtersun

a band that I just discovered is Gates of Ishtar, nothing unique as far as the style but the guys were amazing at balancing aggression and melody

Ah yes - Unanimated and Dawn. Excellent bands. I wouldn't really label them melodeath though.. and I'm not quite certain that anyone looking for new bands here will enjoy them but.. they should. If not added yet I would propose we add Hypocrite and A Mind Confused.. also A Canorous Quintet.