good melodic death metal bands

Ey! I didn´t meen to give the rabbit that much of me own homebrewed! Besides, it´s not my fault that he couldn´t take it! I thought he was a heavy drinker, and he ought to be! As a frontman he should be able to drink us all under the table...! And, and, and... Woaa... It IS hot here in Australia!

Which thread is this BTW? Ayyy, thought it was the one with our band! Funny... And Phyre´s monster will crawl out all over the boards here!

-phyros (studying, got two exams for two courses tomorrow (Genetics and Systematics & Morfology) which is why my absense have made this board a healthier and happier place for all of you... But don´t worry, I will not be back for good... :) )

I love Quo Vadis :) (but I wouldn't classify them as melodic death metal, but we know I'm dumb enough to give good reasons for this!)

hmm, Quo Vadis eh? Ive heard them spoken of around here, good stuff?

Gandalf is kinda cool, ive heard nightderanger and it was alright. Nothing ground breaking really, good tho =)

@f_v great band (from quebec) try to download At The Shores Of Ithaka, it's just awesome (first time I listened I didn't expect much and my jaw dropped wide open!)

Oh! did I mention Sins of Omission, the creation is a great album, the new album (flesh on your bones) is good, but not that outstanding!

Thess aren't death metal, but it's two good bands anyway.
Beneath - Trash Metal
Hell n' Diesel - Unsure of what I would call this, Hard Rock and Roll maybe ;)

Man, I can't believe nobody even mentioned Edge Of Sanity, the most underrated band of all time. If you don't have albums such as Purgatory Afterglow or Crimson your life is not complete. 'Nuff said.

I stumbled upon these guys awhile ago. Their a bunch of kids trying to do melodic death metal with a hint of hardcore. Sure, sounds like their set up for epic failure, But I have to give these guys some props. It actually sounds pretty good and considering their age. I think their song "Pessimist Makes Perfect" dubs them worthy in my book. Check them out and see what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/escapetakeslead

Man, I can't believe nobody even mentioned Edge Of Sanity, the most underrated band of all time. If you don't have albums such as Purgatory Afterglow or Crimson your life is not complete. 'Nuff said.

Edge of sanity is most definately incredible and Crimson has been my favorite album for a few years now since i heard it.

Now for my addition to the thread, if any of you have not heard of the band Be'lakor DO IT NOW!!!! They just released there second album and it is incridible and so was there debut "the frail tide". IMO the best Melodeath right now and possibly ever imo. For the record DT is still my favorite band but be'lakor if making it really close.
:kickass:

GO NOW

these should be mentioned too:

Insomnium
October Rust
Godgory

Insomnium - absolutely!
On their last release there are some nearly perfect melodeath-songs. I look forward to their new release coming later this year!

...but a little bit ahead imo are
MORS PRINCIPIUM EST
Especially their 2nd Release is breathtaking!

Also not that bad are Zonaria and Sacramentum...

Insomnium are good, but a lot of the riffs are similar to In Flames Whoracle era, whenever I listen to them it makes me want to listen to Whoracle instead.

Now for my addition to the thread, if any of you have not heard of the band Be'lakor DO IT NOW!!!! They just released there second album and it is incridible and so was there debut "the frail tide". IMO the best Melodeath right now and possibly ever imo. For the record DT is still my favorite band but be'lakor if making it really close.
:kickass:

GO NOW

This.

I saw this thread while scrolling past the DT forum and instantly came in to post this.

It's great that people who don't consider them local whoring them out! :kickass:

Their myspace

Sun's Delusion, Venator and FSTS are from their new album, the rest are from their debut.

a good band although not ALL melodic death metal is Skeletonwitch. at the gates type melodic death/black metal deffinately check it out