Good TV/Movies, Suggestions?

My suggestions all of these are on Netflix streaming.

Heroes - fun show the last season was possibly the weakest but it was still a decent watch.

Doctor Who - Brilliant sci-fi show thats been awesome since its been aired again in 2005.

IT Crowd - I have to second this, its possibly one of the funniest shows ever. You dont have to be an IT guy to appreciate the show just check out some these clips.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4wuQSLimA&feature=related[/ame]

Top Gear - A car show thats not just for car people lots of silly and funny challenges and you get see all the great cars we dont get the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, but I can say that I saw almost NO promotion for The Unusuals at all, until the week it premiered. The mid-season shows get notoriously bad marketing, and most of them die almost immediately. I was stoked that this show lasted for as many episodes as it did.

Then again, it could be, simply, that people didn't know what to make of the show. A cop drama, with tons of comedy? Some concepts are simply too hard for America to grasp. :)

That is true. Mid-season shows hardly ever get a chance, which to me is dumb. If a show is good and has a chance of pulling in ratings, give it a chance. Do you or anyone else know though, was it an NBC show? I thought it was but I could be just confusing it with Southland. The reason I ask is I know Southland got screwed due to the whole Jay Leno Show debacle and was wondering if it got a similar fate.

That is true. Mid-season shows hardly ever get a chance, which to me is dumb. If a show is good and has a chance of pulling in ratings, give it a chance. Do you or anyone else know though, was it an NBC show? I thought it was but I could be just confusing it with Southland. The reason I ask is I know Southland got screwed due to the whole Jay Leno Show debacle and was wondering if it got a similar fate.

The Unusuals was on ABC.
And Southland was picked up by TNT and is getting a 3rd season even though it was only a 10 episode order. Kind of funny that after the end of the third season, there will only be 23 total episodes.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Make sure to start at the beginning with season 1 because there are a lot of running jokes throughout the whole series (2.5 seasons).

Other shows I don't think you mentioned:
The X-files
The Office - british and american are both good.
Undeclared
Freaks and Geeks - a must see comedy set in the 70's (same creator as Undeclared)
Scrubs
Flight of the Conchords

Parks and Recreation season 2 - If you watch s1, it's a totally different show in the 2nd season so bare that in mind. It went from being something that took up time before The Office to one of my favorite shows on tv. There isn't that much lost if you skip those episodes.

Modern Family - My other favorite comedy this season.

The Wire - Based on some of your other shows, you should love this show. I hate these kinds of shows but The Wire is leaps and bounds above most cop shows.

Flight of the Conchords - This show is really quirky so it's hard to judge whether you'd like it based on what you list but it's worth a try.

Fringe - Similar to X-Files in that it has a lot of monster of the week episodes but the mythology is deeply entrenched. After you finish the first season, you'll want to go back and rewatch everything just to see how much you missed.

So Parks and Recreation is good now? The first few episodes were so bad I didn't bother watching any more. Maybe I should start?

The Unusuals was on ABC.
And Southland was picked up by TNT and is getting a 3rd season even though it was only a 10 episode order. Kind of funny that after the end of the third season, there will only be 23 total episodes.

Yeah I know about Southland. The problem with Southland is when it initially came onto TNT they did a lousy job with it by not really advertising it as the old episodes, plus a couple minutes of added scenes. That was crummy. Then by the time the new season came on, I totally forgot about it.

So Parks and Recreation is good now? The first few episodes were so bad I didn't bother watching any more. Maybe I should start?

I wouldn't say it's great or anything, but I do find it funny now. The second season is loads better than when it started. I was like you and hated it when I first saw it. I don't watch it regularly or anything, but if I'm eating dinner or something I'll put it on.

I understand them renewing that much more than the Community. I thought the Community was okay when it started, but I didn't care enough to continue. Then I saw two episodes recently (lack of things to watch during dinner) and they were AWFUL!!!! SOME OF THE WORST SITCOM TELEVISION EVER!!!! I love Joel McHale when he does the Soup, but this thing has to go.

Sorry, rant over. :lol:

I wouldn't say it's great or anything, but I do find it funny now. The second season is loads better than when it started. I was like you and hated it when I first saw it. I don't watch it regularly or anything, but if I'm eating dinner or something I'll put it on.

I understand them renewing that much more than the Community. I thought the Community was okay when it started, but I didn't care enough to continue. Then I saw two episodes recently (lack of things to watch during dinner) and they were AWFUL!!!! SOME OF THE WORST SITCOM TELEVISION EVER!!!! I love Joel McHale when he does the Soup, but this thing has to go.

Sorry, rant over. :lol:

Yes...The Soup is amazing!

I'd like to agree with the 'Timothy Olyphant is a god' - Deadwood is a freakin' AWESOME series..
Also, I've become a fan of his series 'Justified'...

Pawn Stars
Holmes on Homes
The Universe
Southland
Sopranos reruns
Law and Order
and my favorite or favorites NCIS

Movies - Babylon 5, The Tremor movies