Speaking of TV shows...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
...anyone here is a fan of Sons Of Anarchy? Damn great TV series for me. This 3rd season is excellent, as were the 2 previous ones. The only little bug I have this year is that since the action is set in Ireland, they fucked up with the theme, it's now kinda acoustic, while the electric version was much better...But it's no big deal.

I haven't checked out The Event yet, but I should. The new version of Nikita is pretty good too IMO.

My other fave TV shows:

Breaking Bad (can't wait for Season 4 next summer)
Dexter (still haven't watched Season 5 at all though)
Hawaii Five-0 (2010)
Burn Notice (only watched Season 1 yet)
Fringe (only watched Season 1 too)
V (2009) (can't wait for Season 2 this winter)
True Blood

...anyone here is a fan of Sons Of Anarchy? Damn great TV series for me. This 3rd season is excellent, as were the 2 previous ones. The only little bug I have this year is that since the action is set in Ireland, they fucked up with the theme, it's now kinda acoustic, while the electric version was much better...But it's no big deal.

Has all the rain stopped in Ireland?

I noticed it never seems to rain or get cold in Charming.
Odd, that. :lol:

I haven't checked out The Event yet, but I should. The new version of Nikita is pretty good too IMO.

My other fave TV shows:

Breaking Bad (can't wait for Season 4 next summer)
Dexter (still haven't watched Season 5 at all though)
Hawaii Five-0 (2010)
Burn Notice (only watched Season 1 yet)
Fringe (only watched Season 1 too)
V (2009) (can't wait for Season 2 this winter)
True Blood

What, no Boardwalk Empire? That's probably tied for me as far as best show on right now.

It's good, but I think last season was their peak.

QUOTE]

This season is 100 times better than I thought it was going to be. Last season was great but we are at least getting hints at things we have been waiting for now. I think this show needs to end in 2 more seasons before they run out of idea's.

I have been on a roll with lots of BBC series....

Being Human - hands down one of the top current series on TV. SyFy is doing thier own take on it in January....it wont be able to compare. The BBC version has such chemistry that only a few shows can match. Basically it is a werewolf, a vampire, and a ghost living together trying to basically be human again and fit in. No Twilight stuff here. Lots of good villians and other great characters. There are 2 seasons and the next one airs soon.

Inbetweeners - Hilarious high school comedy that pushes the levels of uncomfortablness and bad taste. Basically 4 high school kids experiencing life and all it embarassments. Each episode I am usually in tears with laughter.
only 3 seasons of 6 episodes each. They are making a movie and 2 specials and that is all she wrote.

No Heroics - only 6 episdoes. Basically most of it takes place in a bar where it is only super heroes. You watch 4 freinds deal with life as a super hero. Yuo never see them do battle or anything like that. Lots of great moments in dealing with higher end heroes and dealing with relationships and other funny things.

Survivors - the original and latest series. The 80's version was incredible. basically a virus kills almost everyone in the world and there are a handful of survivors. We watch as some try to rebuild and some who just want to take. It is cool because there is no central villian or stuff like that. You really get into different beliefs and stuff and how to rebuild. The first season is great. The second season kind of turns into how Lost in Space was...a new person walks into camp and either they are good or bad. Each with its own moralistic story. The cool thing is that this series isnt shy about killing off its cast. The final season was great. Lots more action and moving around the country and dealing with new troubles.
The recent version of this one isnt as good as the first. It got going later in the second season but then got cancelled with an open ended huge cliffhanger.

some other great shows are

Svetlana - it is on HDnet. It stars Iris Bahr, a very funny comedian. She plays a Russian prostitute and runs her own House of Distinct Pleasures. She has 3 daughters who are all working for her and her husband is hilarious. Basically reminds me of a lower end Curb Your Enthusiasm but with its own blend of comedy

Walking Dead....which people are already talking about.

Community....the best show on network TV comedy wise. More people need to watch this show.

Didn't check out that one. To which other series could it be compared? The Sopranos? Brotherhood?

I've never seen Brotherhood, so I can't say with that. I guess the closest thing you would say would be the Sopranos, but it is very different. Very well acted and directed. Definitely the best HBO show to come on in some time. I feel ever since Sopranos and Six Feet Under went off the air, there hasn't been anything on HBO to grab my attention.

Anyone watched the season finale? Killer episode IMO. I can't wait for Season 4 already...

BTW, the theme thing is funny. While the action went to Ireland, they went with the "acoustic" theme and when they were back in the US, the usual "electric" one came back.

I've only watched 2 episodes so far - I picked it up mostly for Henry Rollins, who apparently doesn't put in an appearance until the 2nd season. I'm in the middle of Lost at the moment, though, so I'll probably come back to SOA this winter or spring.

I will almost definitely make time for Mad Men when the next season airs. Caprica got canceled, sadly. And that's about the extent of the TV I watch...

I don't watch nearly enough tv ;___;

What I watch consistently:
- NFL American Football and anything having to do with it
- some other tv shows
- movies

The tv shows I like and want to watch a lot more of
- South Park (need to catch up...)
- Eastbound and Down
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Family Guy
- The Comedy Central News shows
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Seinfeld

That's about it. I'm a big comedy person. I'm not too into drama, because I feel like a lot of people try too hard to be too cool and too dramatic with stuff. I'm not saying they're all bad or anything. I just haven't found one I'm too interested in.

What I watch:

Venture Bros.
Futurama
Family Guy
Metalocalypse
Robot Chicken
...a few other [adult swim] offerings, many of them sadly defunct (Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman, etc.)

Things my DVR is bagging:

The Walking Dead
Vampire Diaries
The Amazing Race <--- just ended, but the new one in February will have my friends competing in the Race again!
Sons of Anarchy (for my friend Ripper)

Anyone watched the season finale? Killer episode IMO. I can't wait for Season 4 already...

BTW, the theme thing is funny. While the action went to Ireland, they went with the "acoustic" theme and when they were back in the US, the usual "electric" one came back.

Hell Yeah! I did! Wow! What a finale!
Man, this season of SOA did kick ass!!! :headbang: