Top 5 TV Series

Got 5 and a few more categories:-

1. Breaking Bad - TV heaven.
2. Game of Thrones - GRRM writes some wickedly sick shit.
3. Mad Men - Drinking and smoking in the office should come back as a thing.
4. House of Cards - Kevin Spacey is the man.
5. Sons of Anarchy - Hurr Durr Motorcycles Hurrr.

Had Promise But Went to Shit Mentions:-

1. Dexter if you put the last season in the bin
2. How I Met Your Mother if you ignore the last 10 minutes.
3. Prison Break if you ignore everything after the first series

Honorable Mentions:-

The Wire - slow as fuck but really well written.
True Detective - as a character development series this was amazing.
Penny Dreadful - shaping up nicely + Eva Green.
House - repetitive but overall a good watch.
Orange Is The New Black - Just watched the second season - amazingly worth it if you don't believe in Jeffs burger analogy.

I recently really digged Vikings, True Detective (not really a series, stylewise) & Hannibal (sans the 2nd season BS finale).

Also really liked Dexter (Im one of the crazy ones who really liked the ending) & Breaking Bad (doh).

The Walking Dead was cool too, until I read the comics, which made the series a lot less cool out of the sudden. Still nice, apart from some really really weak spans of episodues in the last 2 seasons.

Sons of Anarchy was cool too, but the latest season (6?) lost me somewhere along the way for some reason.

oh yeah, prison break haha
great first and 3rd season, but anything that wasn't in a prison felt kinda weird.

Lost was great, but it went down the shitter in the middle. Still pissed that I actually bothered to watch it till the end.

I believe that's because it was supposed to be a 1 season mini series. The first season was indeed great, but it was impossible to keep a pace that fast for 3-4 seasons without being ridiculous.

I wouldnt be suprised about that because after the first season everything seems to be written in a rush.

I agree about the decay of Dexter but I cant say the last 3 seasons, probably the last 2 seasons, that shit of trying to humanize dexter was really lame. Worst move on the serie. Anyway I dont think that last 2 seasons can erase how amazing was the other seasons.

I also think that the last 2 seasons of breaking bad were really good but, (and probably I am the only one thinking this) the season 2 and 3 were really really slow and sometimes even boring that seemed to lead nowhere. So slow that made me think that if the serie didnt evolve to something more amusing I would quit. Glad it didnt happen.

I also saw the first season of hannibal and besides thinking that lecter character was quite entertaining, there are a lot of bad decisions, lot of moments that made me think WTF? It had a lot of potential to be a great serie but was quite disappointing in some plot choices, really disappointing. So I am not even bother to look for second season, also because it seems that everything will be focused on Will Graham. Will is boring. Without lecter I cant see much interest.

Breaking Bad
Six Feet Under (minus the last season)
The Office
Parks & Rec
Dexter (minus the two last seasons, didn't even watch 'til the end)

Tempted to start watching Louie but I hear mixed opinions.

It's not exactly a mini-series... there's gonna be a second season. However it's gonna be with totally new characters in a completely different setting.

That's probably more HBO seeing an opportunity milking the series haha. Don't think it intentionally was written to be more then a MINI-SERIES aka 1 season :p

That's probably more HBO seeing an opportunity milking the series haha. Don't think it intentionally was written to be more then a MINI-SERIES aka 1 season :p

Nah not really.
The writer (also producer iirc) had already written novels and stuff before that first season. So he's gonna come up with a new story of that theme for another season...

And I think it wasn't even written with the intention to be a series.
If you look at the overall style and pace, it's much more an 8hr long movie, rather than a series.