your top 5 movies

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal
Well the title says all. Lately have been a bit hard to find something interesting. So this is also useful to discover some new ones.

My top 5

Rope
Dial M for Murder
The Prestige
The Duel
Terminator 2

There are a lot of great, great movies that I like but this ones are quite remarkable.

Hard to say only 5 but i'll try. I think my top 5 has allot of do with nostalgia, and what i felt when i first saw them.

Godfather Pt.2
Terminator 2
Scarface

Star Wars, Not that they are great per se, but they made a huge impact on me when i was young. Have seen them like 1000x times haha.
Lord of the Rings, such an epic experience watching them on a big cinema screen.
Alien 1 Saw it when i was like 11-12years old and it scarred me like no movie have done since haha

Saw (everyone except the last one)
Nightmares on Elm Street
Insidious
Django Unchained
Warriors

The Lord of the Rings (I'll put all three as one)
Forrest Gump
Zoolander
Child's Play 3
Not Another Teen Movie

I dont like modern comedies at all and I cant stand ben stiller and Adam Sandler!lol but old movies like airplane and Naked gun were great.

Warriors it´s a great, great movie and it´s a shame that I cant find similar movies. Well there are a few, but most of them are quite bad.

Gran Torino
Silence of the Lambs
Schindler's List
The Exorcist
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Dan...dude. You've never heard of FTARH? Oh man you are in for a treat. Jeff Spicoli, man.

Spicoli.jpg

In no particular order:

The Usual Suspects
LA Confidential
The Lord of the Rings (I'll plead the DanLights rule and consider them one long movie) ;)
Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back

I have to think about the fifth movie in this list as I have a few contenders.

Another list that would be interesting is to do your top three movies by decade - would give some more wiggle room and probably be a decent movie list.

Predator
Terminator 2
Terminator 1
Horrible Bosses
The Whole Nine Yards

Meh on the last 2....just couldn't really think of anything else right off the top of my head.

EDIT:

Die Hard movies are up there.

Fuck I completly forgot The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Dollars Trilogy is full of win but the last one it´s the epic masterpiece.

Seems a good idea Jind. :)

Star Wars Ep. IV
Star Wars Ep. V
Star Wars Ep. VI
Back To The Future Part I
Back To The Future Part II

Yeah...BTTF III sucked ass.

My cheesy list:

Moon
Solaris
Serenity
Blade Runner
Stalker

I couldn't think of any comedies atm. Should be a separate list.

Ill TRY to do this.... the only one I know for absolute certain is Heat. Heat's the fucking best... that's all there is to it.

So:

Heat
The Warriors
The Breakfast Club
Full Metal Jacket
Fight Club

Tons I could also think of... Dumb and Dumber, Last of the Mohicans, Collateral, Tombstone, Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack, The French Connection, Better Off Dead, Terminator 2, Seven, Usual Suspects, Glengarry Glen Ross...