Movies

Marty_1994

Sep 15, 2013
Title says it all. What have you seen recently? What are you looking forward to?

Saw the Amazing Spider-man 2 today and thought it was quite good. Most characters are better than their previous versions and I thought Electro is a cool villain. This is probably the second best Spider-man movies after the second one.

Really excited for the new X-men movie. The wolverine was amazing and this one looks great! Man Marvel's pumping out more and more movies...

I'm really awful at catching the latest movies. I get restless sat watching a film. I think the last new one I saw was Gravity. Last time I was in a cinema was...erm...Thor 2? I think?

Spiderman is my favorite superhero so I'm really psyched to see TAS2 next Friday when it gets released here. The new Godzilla looks really cool, too.

Gravity and Wolf of Wall Street were two of my favorite movies last year. Great, fun movies (though WOWS was pretty long and excessive at times).

Unfortunately there's nothing out currently that I want to see! Except Captain America: The Winter Soldier...

Wolf of Wallstreet was good. I didnt see Gravity, dont really have any plans of seeing it anyway.

I do still wanna see Captain America, but I keep putting it off

I'm really awful at catching the latest movies. I get restless sat watching a film. I think the last new one I saw was Gravity. Last time I was in a cinema was...erm...Thor 2? I think?

I'm similar really. I have a few favourite films I've seen over the years but rarely go to the Cinema these days. The last three films I saw at the Cinema were Anchorman 2, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (fantastic film) and Avengers.

I would like to make more time to watch Films though.

I get what you're saying. Me myself I don't watch TV much at all anymore. There's just so much commercials and it never ends. After one program/movie the next one just starts...while on cinema you go there, see the movie and then it's over and you can hang out or something.

Still I mainly watch superhero movies these days. A good way of escaping reality for a while:). Capt. America is quite enjoyable. Nothing super special but a good film for watching in the cinema. Will see Godzilla when it comes out I THINK, and then X-men. Been going to the cinema quite a lot recently, it's fun.

What do people think of Andrew Garfield as Spiderman?

As far as TV goes...I don't have Sky so I don't see a lot of the new stuff that comes out. I'm a big fan of sci-fi, supernatural type shows and have been watching Agents of Shield and Tomorrow People when I have the chance.

Films.....last time at the cinema was for Gravity....cinema for me is a once a year thing at best. I've still got the last Hobbit movie sat at home waiting to be viewed......I have such a terrible memory for films and after a few months can barely remember what I've watched. I guess it means you always have something to watch that "seems" new hahaha!

@Marty, I think Garfield nails the role! He has the quirky awkwardness as Peter Parker (it helps that he dates Emma Stone in real life, their chemistry is perfect, imo), and the quick wit as Spiderman. He even looks like PP from the comics!

@Steve, that last Hobbit movie is wonderful! Curious to hear your thoughts on it whenever you get around to it!

Haven't watched a lot of movies recently, but I did watch Cloud Atlas (very good) and Tokarev (mildly entertaining). The latter features Nicolas Cage in another one of his ills-befall-normal-guy-who-gets-revenge-and-contorts-his-face-as-comically-as-possible-in-the-process roles.

Cloud Atlas looks good. Been pushing it forward to read the book or see the film. I've heard people say the film is a bit confusing, is it?

@Marty, I think Garfield nails the role! He has the quirky awkwardness as Peter Parker (it helps that he dates Emma Stone in real life, their chemistry is perfect, imo), and the quick wit as Spiderman. He even looks like PP from the comics!

@Steve, that last Hobbit movie is wonderful! Curious to hear your thoughts on it whenever you get around to it!

I didn't like him in the first AMS, but I think he made a really good job in the second one. Toby Mcguire was a bit TOO awkward for my taste. As for Andrew and Emma dating, it really shows in the films. Please tell me what you think of the new one, after you've seen it:).

As for the Hobbit films, I really wish that they had only made 2 films of the book, 3 feels a bit too much.

Its not a new movie so i dont know if it counts, but I just watched The Stupids for the first time in YEARS.. It really is a very funny movie and for those of you who never heard of it, id recommend it for the sheer stupidity.

I think the new Spiderman is fantastic - saw it a couple nights ago. Really feels like a comic book brought to life with a perfect balance of storytelling and action. Villains were done very very well and I cannot wait for the next one. They definitely nailed this one IMO, I think it's the best one yet.

Still not got to the Hobbit movie......what with work, trying to sell a house (and find a new one) and learning stuff for the upcoming tour, I figured if I did put it on I would almost certainly fall asleep! That's my normal action with tv/films these days

I think the new Spiderman is fantastic - saw it a couple nights ago. Really feels like a comic book brought to life with a perfect balance of storytelling and action. Villains were done very very well and I cannot wait for the next one. They definitely nailed this one IMO, I think it's the best one yet.

Cool! Comic book movies are getting better and better I think and this one is no exception!

Saw new X-men: Days of Future Past - Wow! Really cool movie and definitely the most interesting one in the series. I'd say this is the next best one of the X-men movies, after The Wolverine. I recommend it, especially if you like/have seen the other ones!

Haven't watched any of the newer films lately. I watched Skyfall (2012) a few weeks ago and really liked it but other than that haven't found time or opportunity to watch the newer films. Also watched the classic Scream film series not too long ago (1-3) and liked it.

I pray that it's funny, but something about it seems off to me. The hyper-HD quality of films has been really turning me off the last few years so that might be part of it. I am biased towards the 90s style of cinematography, with the lighting and all. Everything is too glossy and vivid these days for my eyes. As long as it's better than Dumb & Dumberer. Oof.