the Movies thread

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Lets talk about movies.

I only wanted to really talk about Spider-Man 2, but feel free to talk about any. I saw it last night and I must say it crapped all over the first film in pretty much every way. It was excellent. The first time I watched the first film I was really disappointed, but enjoyed it the second time I watched it, and now I really like it, but Spider-Man 2 was just heaps better. The way it was handled was what the first film should have been like, the approach to humour etc, and it just seemed less cheesey or something, I can't really put my finger on it.

Anyways, good stuff, and possibly the best super hero film since Batman. Roll on Spider-Man 3.

I think im the only person in the world that didnt think Spiderman 1 was all that good. It wasnt awful, but I didnt think it was that great either. 6.5 out of 10.

I think ill wait for the dvd, im not paying $16 to watch a movie, fuck Sydney.

Movie piracy is more to do with eople wanting to watch in the comfort of their home though, it doesnt seem to have hurt dvd sales all that much.

THRASH SPHYNXOLOGIST! :headbang:

Spiderman 2 was indeed fuckin awesome. I rated it highly. Pretty much everything about it ruled. The story moved along quicker, te villan was 100 million times better than the green goblin.

Eh, it was tops

Well of course you have, the last 2 people who reviewed it gave different opinions :lol:

'Supersize Me' has scared me enough (regardless of whether all the information is accurate or not) that I haven't eaten McDonalds since I saw it 2 or 3 weeks ago.

'The Punisher' ... wasn't as bad as I've heard most people condemning it to, shat all over 'Van Helsing'.

Can't remember many of the other movies I've seen recently although it's been a lot more than usual, my two recent highlights were 'Dawn of the Dead' (kudos to a film that has zombies that scream and pissbolt around instead of your stock standard moaning ones that move at a snail's pace), and 'Kill Bill 2'.

An interesting movie I found in the weeklies section at Video Ezy was 'Megiddo' - it caught my eye with its tag of "The best apocalyptic film ever made" (or something to that effect). It seemed perfect for research for my Extension 2 major work (post apocalyptic) and turned out to be a pretty cool movie despite being slammed massively by critics and at times appearing to be Christian propaganda. Although looking past all that it was a pretty interesting movie, with Michael York (the guy who briefs Austin Powers over the video phone) playing a man possessed by Satan as a boy.

Oh yeah and I watched 'Full Metal Jacket' again the other night, I'd forgotten what a great movie it was.

On the topic of movies... some of my all time favourites are -

'Big Trouble in Little China' - made in the year I was born, Kurt Russell with a magnificent mullet :headbang:

'The 12 Monkeys' & 'Life is Beautiful'

Wasn't such a quick reply after all :p ... oh and I haven't seen SpiderMan 2 yet after all that.

EDIT:
spawn said:
I think ill wait for the dvd, im not paying $16 to watch a movie, fuck Sydney.

Woah! That's extortion! I thought us students had it bad. We used to be able to get change from a ten dollar note.