Review the last movie you saw thread

The dad's accent was pretty good but the son's was awful.

I wasn't a big fan of the film but I bought it on Blu-ray anyway so I'll have to rewatch it. Best part was when the robot pulled out a sword. Awesome.

I watched The Machinist the other day. Quite a dark film. Christian Bale got himself super thin for the role.

Yeah it was quite odd. He looked very different, and his character spent the whole film trying to work out what was going on.

Patriots Day - Very good retelling of the Boston Marathon bombing. Mark Wahlburg, Michelle Moynahan, John Goodman, Kevin Bacon.

Deep water Horizon - BP oil spill

Everybody wants some - follow up to Dazed and Confused but set in the 80s instead of the 70s. Follows a group of college baseball players over the course of a weekend. Great fun.

Sing Street - best movie I have seen for a while. Kids in Dublin start a band to impress a girl. Write and perform original music influenced by popular band of the time (89s) including Duran Duran, hall and Oates, the cure etc.

Colossal- entertaining and mildly amusing but can't quite decide what sort of film it wants to be. Worth a watch if you don't expect the full on comedy the trailer suggests.

Life- the cinematic equivalent of a bad tribute band. Don't waste your time or money. I barely stayed awake. You'll be flat out remembering the name of a single character, let alone caring about them. Pointlessly derivative cookie cutter shit that doesn't even tick the genre boxes well.

A Cure For Wellness- Now that was a headfuck and a half. A bit too long at two and a half hours, but I can think of worse ways to spend an afternoon. Think of a mashup between The Prisoner and The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward as directed by a young Cronenberg.

I can't remember the last film I saw in the cinema. Might have been Rogue One. And I'd have to check my Netflix history for the last movie in general. Probably a kids film.

Plenty of great films around, if you're only looking at Hollywood then of course you're seeing mostly shit, man.

Anyway, watched The Greasy Strangler the other day. Totally insane and hilarious movie. Repulsive too. What a ride.

I saw Maggie with Arnold Schwarzenegger then other night. Hasn't had the greatest of reviews, but I enjoyed it. Different kind of take on the zombie movie, and it was nice to see Arnie try his hand at something more dramatic.

Plenty of great films around, if you're only looking at Hollywood then of course you're seeing mostly shit, man.
Fair point, though unfortunately Hollywood stuff is all that gets promoted really. Unless I go out of my way wading through the shit looking for the good stuff which I can't be bothered spending time doing.

TV wins for me these days. So much more character development and subtlety.