Review the last movie you saw thread

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
My missus hired it on DVD. It was pretty funny.
Same guys who did 40 Year old Virgin and Knocked up and Superbad. But was more of a romantic comedy than those I guess. Russell Brand's character was fuckin funny. Had some great lines.

I would say it was alot better than Superbad which I thought was total shithouse.

Mila Kunis was freakin gorgeous in this movie. I didn't really rate her before.. thought she was ok... but she looked stunning in this. Beautiful eyes and hair... did that sound gay?

Be Kind Rewind
To be honest I only hired this cause of Jack Black.
Basically, it was about a small/old and humble video store in black America owned by Danny Glover's character. Glover goes away and leaves the store in charge of his adopted son played by Mos Def. Jack Black's charater is a friend and accidently wipes all of the tapes in the store... This leads them to recreate all of the films using no budget and hand held camera's etc. The first film they 'Swede' (recreate) is Ghostbusters... pretty funny. They do a shitload of Sweded films and business picks up etc....

The sweded film parts are funny shit. The first bit of the movie was a bit stupid but when the plot develops and they start sweding the movies it gets better. Then half way through it kinda turns into a serious almost moving film and the end is actually quite touching....

Better than I was expecting

Last movie I saw was Step Brothers, another funny/strange Will Ferrel movie, if you like what he does you'll enjoy it, if you don't, it will bore/disgust/annoy you

I enjoyed it

I saw a few on the aeroplane back from Jordan, but the only one that stood out was "Bee Movie". The inflight entertainment system failed halfway through it, and I didn't give a damn. Actually, it even made me a bit happy.

3:10 to Yuma & Awake.

3:10 was fantastic! Christian Bale is always entertaining and Russell Crowe did a decent job (i'm not much of a fan of his) Awake was pretty good too. No time be much more descriptive atm. Got Be Kind Rewind to watch sometime soon.

The other night we watched The Terminal. I didn't expect it to be whimsical. Not bad, but you have to love Tom Hanks. Really, really love him. He's in every scene almost. The real story about Mehran Nasseri would have been more involving.

Didn't see the Argento one, but I assume it was similar. They're showing a film every night. I'm not sure when it finishes; it started on Sunday with 2001 A Space Odyssey. I couldn't watch it because I had people over....grrr. I've still not seen that one. Lolita's on tonight. The films are on quite late.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 2/5
Tropic Thunder 3/5
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4.5/5
The Jerk - 4/5
Anchorman - 1/5 (Will Ferrell was brilliant on SNL but his movies are abhorrent)