Review the last movie you saw thread

INTO THE WILD starring Emile Hirsche (who is beccoming one of my favorite up and comers)

Directed by Sean Penn.... True story about a young dude who gives up everything and basically becomes a drifter living off little to no money.
Ends up inhabiting an old run down bus that is stranded in the middle of nowhere and makes it his home.....

Soundtrack by Eddie Vedder....

It was a bit slow in places but at the end it is a really good film.... Great scenery and acting and soundtrack etc.

just watched the anime movie Paprika (but the director/creator of the anime movies Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium Actress) and it's fucking brilliant.

A twisted tale of a machine that allows a person to enter the dreams of another, dream terrorist and the dream girl Paprika who is trying to help people in both the dream and real worlds.

takes a couple of watches to get past all the weirdness and very odd opening but it's worth it -especially for all the movie and cartoon references.
lots of detail and cool story.

must also watch in the original Japanese.
the dubbing is better quality than most anime english dubs but it still loses a lot of the story in translation.

saw this recently too and though it was a little thin in terms of story and character development, it looked visually beyond amazing.

Agree with this - I saw it the other day on Blu-Ray, and when you see this kind of thing in Hi-Def on a big plasma HD screen, it looks amazing. But in the end I really found myself not really caring what happened to the characters and the story just kind of fizzled for me.

Agree with this - I saw it the other day on Blu-Ray, and when you see this kind of thing in Hi-Def on a big plasma HD screen, it looks amazing. But in the end I really found myself not really caring what happened to the characters and the story just kind of fizzled for me.

yeah, it's really a must have DVD if you have blu-ray and a high-def big screen to take advantage of how amazing it all looks but it's a film that does lack that emotional punch (especially the Abe angle, unfortunately) that such a film needs to make you relate to the characters and the story (except thr aftermath of the Elemental scene where you do feel some emotion for the creature but that is mainly blunted by what is around it)..

INTO THE WILD starring Emile Hirsche (who is beccoming one of my favorite up and comers)

Directed by Sean Penn.... True story about a young dude who gives up everything and basically becomes a drifter living off little to no money.
Ends up inhabiting an old run down bus that is stranded in the middle of nowhere and makes it his home.....

Soundtrack by Eddie Vedder....

It was a bit slow in places but at the end it is a really good film.... Great scenery and acting and soundtrack etc.

Is that the one about the kid who accidentally killed himself eating mouldy seeds? I heard about that story and am interested in the film.

Is that the one about the kid who accidentally killed himself eating mouldy seeds? I heard about that story and am interested in the film.

That's the one.....
Although it might be a spoiler if you aren't familar with the story.... He was pretty stupid really... didnt do much research before he set off to 'live on the land'

Based on a true story. After graduating from Emory University in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters who shape his life

into_the_wild_movie_poster.jpg

Ofanato aka the Orphanage

This movie was so good, from the damask wallpaper intro I was riveted.
Its about a woman who moves into an old orphanage (with her husband and son) she spent some time in when she was growing up, before she was adopted out. Her son (also adopted) has invisible friends who grow in number by the day and he eventually goes missing. Late one afternoon (a few days before he goes missing) an old woman turns up on their doorstep from a government agency with their sons case file and wants to take him to hospital for treatment of an illness he was diagnosed with.
I'm not saying anymore... Go. See. It. Now.

Nobody Knows - a Japanese film about a bunch of kids in a flat who were abandoned by their mum. It moves pretty slowly, but doesn't really get boring.

I watched The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (with Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw) on the weekend. Great film. Unfortunately it's being remade this year. Boo.

Who's in that?

I watched Kill Bill Vol. 2 the night before last. It was pretty much what I expected. Uma pulled a vicious move on that chick's eye in the caravan. o_O

Stranger than Fiction was one of the best films that came out that year I thought. The characters were all fantastic.

Rob, it has Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman.