Review the last movie you saw thread

Super Troopers:

Funny shit, has aged fairly well considering most early 2000's comedies don't seem to have done the same and Jay Chandrasekhar (the director) has one of the most subpar filmographies I've ever seen. Some of the better scenes:

Maximum Risk: 1996 Jean-Claude Van Damme action/thriller directed by Ringo Lam. Wasn't expecting much from this one when I put it on, figured it was an obvious weak link film thrown onto a JCVD 3 disc DVD with two of his more popular films, ended up thoroughly enjoying it. He faces off against the Russian mafia in America so it's loaded with great villains and endless goons for him to dispatch with spin kicks. 8/10

Nighthawks: 1981 gritty terrorism/action/crime/thriller by the guy who went on to direct Hard to Kill (with Seagal) with Stallone in the lead, Billy Dee Williams in the support and Rutger Hauer as the main antagonist. Kinda felt like Assault on Precinct 13-lite in many places, but overall I'd compare it to Scorpio or Day of the Jackal. Damn near a perfect film within its particular genre. 9/10

Project A: 1983 action/comedy period film directed by and starring Jackie Chan, with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao in support roles. Definitely not one of Chan's best of the 80's but it's fun and has its place. The main villain is a brutal, totally jacked pirate with body tattoos and a fucking sword. I believe this is Chan's 4th film he directed. 7/10

Reactions: Winmar