Movies

I pray that it's funny, but something about it seems off to me. The hyper-HD quality of films has been really turning me off the last few years so that might be part of it. I am biased towards the 90s style of cinematography, with the lighting and all. Everything is too glossy and vivid these days for my eyes. As long as it's better than Dumb & Dumberer. Oof.
It's called technology, Michael. Things have improved since the 90s and with that comes the better quality of films. That's how it is in any kind of media(including music), not just films.

Nah the film industry isn't really better technology-wise. The 3d today still doesn't work, just like in the past. They tried it in the 50s, and in the 80s and now in 2010 and it never worked well enough for people to want it. Hopefully it'll go away soon.

HD-wise, well I couldn't stand the hobbit HFR, too much for my eyes to take in, and I really wouldn't say that with better techonlogy comes better quality of films, at all. The only thing that actually gets better, IMO, is movie-adaptions of comedy books(and they're milking the shit out of those, so maybe people will get bored of it sometime soon). That being said there are good movies today and I hope dum & dummer 2 will be fun.