Top 5 TV Series

2. Star Trek: DS9

I didn't even like Star Trek until I started watching this. It's a little cheesy and full of 90s haircuts, but goddamn, starting in the 3rd season it's incredibly engaging. The acting is superb, especially from Garek and Gul Dukat.

Fully agree with anyone saying True Detective as well. Dat southern gothic ambiance.

Twin Peaks is a must. Just started watching Sherlock and the portrayal of certain characters really irks me but I'm going to stick it out.

Has Macgyver been mentioned because everyone should be watching that at all times.

I didn't even like Star Trek until I started watching this. It's a little cheesy and full of 90s haircuts, but goddamn, starting in the 3rd season it's incredibly engaging. The acting is superb, especially from Garek and Gul Dukat.

Yup, I'd never watched Star Trek before I started watching DS9 with my girlfriend and was drawn in from the first episode, we watched all 7 seasons over the course of two months and it was awesome :lol: Also, Odo is definitely one of my favourite characters from any show. My girlfriend and I are going to a Star Trek themed birthday party in a few months and we're going to go as Odo and Kira, hahahaha :D

Seinfeld
Seinfeld
Seinfeld
Seinfeld
Seinfeld

Just to cancel out the Friends from earlier posts. Fuck that shit.

EDIT: Actual content. Check out 'Happy Valley'. English mini-series. Not bad (1st 4 Eps in particular).

Lots of sugestions, that´s great, I have something to look for.

Anybody saw Lie to me? I heard that first season was good but I think it´s the only one.

1. (by a loooong shot) The Wire (it covers pretty much every human aspect, it's frightening...)
no particular order:
Lilyhammer(awesome skandinavian humour combined with a "how to build up organized crime" )
Game of thrones
Hannibal
BB

Just 0.1 below Game of Thrones on IMDB if you're talking about this ?
Sounds like a good series to start, is it good from start to finish ?

Yup, this one.

It's a "slow" series, don't expect action from the first episode throughout the last, it's basically what a good series is about(for me): Telling a (the) story(s) without rushing through it and a constant evolution of characters without opening thousands of building lots(like Boardwalk/Shameless/Dexter) where everything goes nuts and the red line and story suffers.

Like some people stated, the series as a whole should deserve nobel prizes and should get used for educational purposes...

Uh, I forgot to mention, that I really liked Battlestar Galactica as well.
Thanks to the suggestions in this thread, I've started watching True Detective which has been great thus far.

got a new favorite series, True Detective. thanks to the people mentioning it here. just finished watching the 6th episode. this series is seriously the best thing I've ever watched besides breaking bad. just telling you to give it a shot.

^ this man speaks the truth. After seeing the first season, it became my favourite serie ever.

Matthew McConaughey probably did his best role ever, it´s terrific. I think that what outshines there are the dialogues, they are provocative, deep, thoughtful.

Anyway, I have now twin peaks here, want to see if it is so good as many say.

Loved True detective except the very ending which was a bit cheesy for my taste and (past) Rust character was just a wee bit too cliché/alpha/broken/lonesome at times. Present Rust had a cockier side going which gave him more depth imo. Matthew McConaughey stole the show overall.

Personal favourite is Spartacus, I just don't think any other show will entertain me as much as that.

Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are fantastic, I just personally prefer Spartacus.

Others that are great but not quite the same level are Firefly, Dexter, Hannibal, Supernatural and Sons of Anarchy.