Graspop 2004.thread

you are wrong. i thought the vikings were there before the saxons and the anglons and the juts too, but the celts were not of scandinavian origin. the anglo-saxon-juts were. i learned all that just last week in my english language history class. oh, i feel so good now... :Spin:

somnium_in_tenebris said:
:(:(:( i havent looked for ticket yet and im so afraid i wont be able to come over for...reasons:(
I'll second that, fock me biggest problem is me university exams actually, can't organise anything without knowing the program first, which is gonna be announced on the last minute, as always, fockers :bah: :mad:
But don't worry Sophia, if we can make it up there eventually, i'll take care of the tents and stuff, that's the least we have to worry about, the thing is to make it after all :erk:
*crossed fingers*

if its in June maybe i can go, i have time to save money and see if i keep this job or even not, i got loads of money at least to buy a tent with. ern well i have one but i dunno if it still works

Allan said:
What's really strange is that for people that speak neither language, Danish and Dutch sound alike o_O
do they? i can't understand a single word from danish !

once my hb had this little conversation with swedish ppl. they spoke swedish, my hb his local dialect; and they understood each other! it was really funny!:)

Crack Hitler said:
I can't decide between the midsummers day with my crazy, drunk family and being drunk at graspop with all of you. :yell:
I'm choosing Midsummer this year (as also hopefully KoriaRoll and Tuska :D ).. The bands aren't bad this year but actually I will only miss Anathema and Malevolent Creation :( ..There's one positive thing about not going.. I don't have to see My Dying Bride :loco: *g*
But actually Finland is not for sure yet.. depends if I find a place to stay... I might have to choose between Midsummer and Tuska.. in that case I maybe come to the Graspop

sol83 said:
you are wrong. i thought the vikings were there before the saxons and the anglons and the juts too, but the celts were not of scandinavian origin. the anglo-saxon-juts were. i learned all that just last week in my english language history class. oh, i feel so good now... :Spin:

Yeah yeah, I corrected it.

I had the great honour of losing all faith in my studies in the middle of the semester I took Eng history, so i never got that far in them, will be taking it next semester again, but I have some memory of the Saxon invasion being around the 6th century, now the Viking invasions must've been somewhere around the 9th (give take a few hundred years :D ). Made my point less good sadly :mad: .

Oh, better clarify, it wasn't my intention to be Mr historical-know-it-all here, or rather Mr historical-know-nothing haha, just tried to air my proud Viking history and piss at the Germans at the same time, when I realised I'd messed up the historical facts, I tried to corect them.

Dwra said:
I'll second that, fock me biggest problem is me university exams actually, can't organise anything without knowing the program first, which is gonna be announced on the last minute, as always, fockers :bah: :mad:
But don't worry Sophia, if we can make it up there eventually, i'll take care of the tents and stuff, that's the least we have to worry about, the thing is to make it after all :erk:
*crossed fingers*

why dont you think about me eh :p

i have a spare tent (and theres nothing wrong with it :Smug: ) and cause you take care of us, we can take care of you ;)

youll have a bed as well for as long as you want to stay :)

same counts for other people. you know who you are! ;) :tickled:

by PIETER / MARINER

Dwra said:
*crossed fingers*
h malakia einai oti kai to rockwave einai nwris. 18-22 iouniou. polloi tha exoun provlhmata me eksetastikes nomizw. skata...
:(

Bastet said:
do they? i can't understand a single word from danish !

once my hb had this little conversation with swedish ppl. they spoke swedish, my hb his local dialect; and they understood each other! it was really funny!:)

Some friends of ours had the same thing. Then went to Sweden and they thought that they were safe to say whatever they were thinking in their dialect... wrong of course... funny situation indeed

toolsofthetrade said:
rottedaahm, we could travel together like :)
wow - there be a fairly be group of us travelling up (or down or across - i dunno) if my flight is full, weres the airport in holland?

*side thought* i really wish i had done geography at school, i dont have a bloody clue where anywhere is .... :ill: *side thought over*

:OMG: :OMG I DIDNT HAVE ANY IDEAD OF THE DATES :ill: :(:(:(:( alrite now...my exams will take til the start of july maybe(30 june in the best case...).So theoritically...that means that i will have to skip both Rockwave and Graspop!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:(:(:( complete disaster!whats shall we dooooo?:(at least the greek guys should have known that ppl have fucking exams that period!
ok...i think im gonna skip my last lessons to come over to the festival(s) :lol: ive done that before anyway :lol:

i asked for tickets and they are pretty expensive...the biggest problem is my dad actually.he wont let me come cos of the danger with those terrorists and that

@Dwroula ti tha kanoume gamwto? :( pws eiha tin edypwsi oti to graspop tha itan tin prwti evdomada tou Iouliou?skata:( ade tetarto etos egw kai pempto esy na paratisoume exetastikes

blackeyed said:
wow - there be a fairly be group of us travelling up (or down or across - i dunno) if my flight is full, weres the airport in holland?

*side thought* i really wish i had done geography at school, i dont have a bloody clue where anywhere is .... :ill: *side thought over*
well, there's Schiphol, near Amsterdam, and there's one nearby here, Rotterdam airport. if u travel with Ryanair, u either can land in Eindhoven or Rotterdam. Eindhoven is nearer to Graspop. Flying Easyjet to Amsterdam is the farthest from Graspop.
there's more cheap airlines like virgin and basiq for instance.