Graspop

Metaldome is where the tent on your left before you pass the Metalmarket and the t-shirt stands and stuff. They launched the idea last year to promote bands that can't quite fill a marquee just yet.

If you went last year it's where the coverbands played on saturday, and groups like Leng'Tche on friday

Must be very motivated...

I found out a colleague of mine has promised her son to go Graspop if he had good results. And he had. So she was worrying about this "dangerous metal festival" until I told her Graspop is my favourite festival. I promised that I'm going to accompany her and her son and guide them around...and of course take them to see AA from the first row, if possible.

yayyyyy cant wait either!!!!
( dang; frigging european keyboards )

im in paris since last sunday.
sorryknarfi i completely ,issed your post Knarfi
basically, yes, im here only to see AA and give them the painting i made for them. So, well, if im to come in europe for 1 day, why to stay a little and see the friends i have here? (give it a week). and since im staying a week to see them + AA, why not do a little of tourism... so i end up staying 5 days in paris, the rest at my friend's place in alsace lorraine and we both go to graspop for the sunday only. because theres a viking/folk only metal stage on sunday ^^ this gonna kick ass!!!!!!!!!! =D

So, yeah; im coming all over from quebec for AA, but also for eluveitie. cause i could have go to hellfest, but eluveitie arent going there. and since its impossible to find anything of eluveitie in america (ive tried) well.... yesterday ive ran 2 FNAC to finally find Spirit from them; very happy ^^

Just for info ... crowd surfing has been banned at Graspop.

Following an article published in Belgian paper La Derniere Heure, festival organisers have completelly banned crowd surfing to supposedly "we hope to get 35000 fans and want to protect those who do not feel like being kicked in the neck and face by military combat boots".

The article further says "a practise that shows the commercial side of the organisers who keep hiking the price of festivals for the bigger crowd, at the expense of the good atmoshpere that has always been the trademark of rock music".

People caught crowd surfing will be marked on their arm and further attempts will cause them to be expelled from the festival.

Please email the festival and tell them to go fuck off, this is metal, sign on their forums and voice your opinion.

Article in french here :

http://www.dhnet.be/culture/musique/article/175558/le-graspop-met-fin-a-une-tradition-du-rock.html