Great Guitar Solos

Pretty much every solo I like has been said lol...but I have really been liking the solo by Jeff Loomis in the song "Born" by Nevermore. Pretty much all their solos are badass :headbang:

sultans of swing - dire straits
hotel california - the eagles
freebird - lynyrd skynyrd
civil war - guns 'n' roses

the solos in these are far from some of the guitar wanking you'll see out of some bands but for me they're the most well written solo's that spring to mind, they're not overly complex but they were perfect for the songs they were written for, they were inspiring, they had an effect on people or atleast me and they're not going to be forgotten in 5 years.

Kalmah has some pretty sick solos, but the solo for principle hero(they will return) is a bit meh. They could have done better from 3:18 to 3:24.
Nile- Cast down the heretic; nice and brutal.

tons more....

I agree with the Kalmah statement - great solos, great melodies, great band.

Nile does have some great work as well.

Randy's solos were the first to spring to my mind too, especially 'Mr Crowley' and 'Goodbye to Romance'.

Randy's playing was flawless on every Ozzy song he ever did...

I also loved Jake E Lee's work as well, particularly 'Bark at the Moon'.

I loved his playing in the song Bark at The Moon... and his playing was flawless on the Ultimate Sin album even though that album was a little too commercial... but nonetheless he makes Zakk Wylde look like a teenager just starting on guitar lol ... have you ever seen Jake in the Ultimate Ozzy home video? ... if you haven't you will see what i mean if you buy or rent it somewhere... I love Randy's playing more but Jake really was Randy's best replacement... wish he had stayed in Ozzy's band or returned...

Arch Enemy-Ravenous (short, but I love it)
Children of Bodom-Follow the Reaper
Necrophagist-Fermented Offal Discharge
Norther-A Fallen Star

I bought Death's Live in L.A. back in March through Amazon, it just arrived two days ago! I thought it was never going to come, awesome live album!

Truth, I like the harsher vocals on that version of spirit crusher. I have that DVD as well. Soemone also reminded me of a few more favorite solos, here they are!

Candlemas, The Well of Souls.
Annihilator, Bloodbath.
Primal Fear, Nuclear Fire and Running in the Dust.
King Diamond, Welcome Home, Sleepless Nights and Spirits. :)
Ensiferum, Tolken of Time.

At the moment, I am really loving the solo in the song 'Evil Warning' by Angra.

But there are too many great solos to list here.