Greatest Album of all time?

jimbobhickville said:
Interesting way of looking at it...but yeah, it's true. Sieges Even began as a knockoff of technical thrash masters Watchtower, but then gradually developed their own unique technical prog sound. A Sense of Change (their 3rd release) was their softest album. Personally, I like Uneven (5th release) the best, then Sophisticated (4th release). I think Liquid Tension Experiment borrowed heavily from those two discs (just to give you a good reference point as to how they sound). The only complaint that can be made about Sieges Even is the horrible singer on the first two releases. Great stuff; if you can find a copy of Sophisticated, sell it to me or die :)

JBH I have to agree with your evaluation of their first singer Frank Herder. He was horrible!! BUT; after their second album "Steps" they kicked him out and hired Jogi Kaiser. He's one of my favorite singers. With him they recorded "A Sense Of Change". That album is a mix of progressive rock, jazz and classical music. I just love it! An album that is sure to expand your musical horizon. Of course I also love "Sophisticated" and "Uneven" but "A Sense Of Change" remains my favorite to this day.

Sieges Even was AWESOME! I too wish I could find a copy of the elusive "Sophisticated", which is a great album.

jimbob... I finally know your No. 1 album... I have seen you mention ToA as your No. 2 time and again... and have always silently wondered what your No. 1 could be... I must admit... I am not familiar with Forbidden beyond their cover art

oh man... too many...
Prog(ish) metal
1)symX - V
2)Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Death metal
3)Bloodbath - resurrection through carnage
4)Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
Black metal
5)Borknagar - Empiricism (not technically true balck metal...)
6)Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
others
7)Therion - Vovin
8)Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
9)Opeth - All of them (can't wait to get my hands on damnation!)
argh... too hard!

ProgMetalFan said:
Sieges Even was AWESOME! I too wish I could find a copy of the elusive "Sophisticated", which is a great album.

jimbob... I finally know your No. 1 album... I have seen you mention ToA as your No. 2 time and again... and have always silently wondered what your No. 1 could be... I must admit... I am not familiar with Forbidden beyond their cover art

Hehe...not like it was a secret or anything :) It kind of surprises me, though, as I've mentioned Forbidden probably more often. Anyway, Forbidden "Twisted Into Form" is the ultimate thrash metal CD. It just floors me every time I hear it (which is at least 1000 times by now :) ).

hmm.. strange as it may seem.. I think that the best SyX album is yet to come. The album they'll put out after the re-recorded debut, I have a strange feeling it will be a GEM. But my fave album of all time is Ozric Tentacles - Erpland

Pharoah said:
The greatest album I've ever heard in my life...Symx "V" That is why I am such a great fan. IMO, nothing can compare to this piece of work.

Yeah! That's amazing. But i heard 2 songs from Odyssey and man....
That's fucking great too... i got to hear the whole album :)

Force10 said:
Rush - Hemispheres
Dream Theater - Images & Words
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part I

Yeah, Hemispheres it's a classic.
But, it's hard to choose between Hemispheres and 2112, hum...
I guess i prefer 2112.

YOU DONT HAVE THE ODDESEY!!
shocked.gif
yell.gif
jawdrop.gif

buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy!!!!

And who is Ozric Tentacles - Erpland. If its your fav' album of all time, it must be good.

Ricardo_Christyan said:
Hi there! I'm new here!

A great album that i can think or right now is SymX's "V".
It was the first SymX album that i heard.
That's a masterpiece to me. When i heard first time my jaws falls down...... !:OMG:

Take care friends :wave:

Thats the usual response ... ... I'm assuming you really liked Evolution ... and Welcome.

My selection would be...

Prog - Symphony X, V

Power - Kamelot, Karma

Trash - tied between MetallicA, Master of Puppets and Slayer, Reign in Blood.

I have such a hard time choosing when asked this question, but I'm going to go with the album that always comes to mind first.

Queensryche - The Warning

these are tied for 2nd: :D

Maiden - Powerslave, Somewhere In Time
QR - Rage for Order, Mindcrime
Fates Warning - APSOG, Perfect Symmetry
King Diamond - Abigail
Loudness - Thunder in the East, Law of Devil's Land
KISS - Rock and Roll Over
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Testament - The Legacy
Iced Earth - Something Wicked...
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
Symphony X - Odyssey, TIO

I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

I ordered A Sense of Change and Twisted Into Form a couple nights ago on your recommendations. I've had Forbidden on cassette since it's release but I think it deserves another chance, so I ordered the cd. I've always liked their first album, and got to see them on that tour. They were soooooo good live!!