Greatest Album of all time?

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
I am so bored with nothing to do. Thats why I have been making like 20 new threads in the last 24 hours.

So here's another one.

What would be your favourite album of all time?

I know its immiture and all.... BUT I AM BORED

Its a very hard one to answer

I dont know about me. . .

But what about you?

Hard as hell for me, I can't pick just one:

Darkane: Rusted Angel
Soilwork: The Chainheart Machine
Aeternus: ...And So The Night Became
Death: Symbolic
SyX: The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Suffocation: Pierced From Within

I know I forgot some

Hi there! I'm new here!

A great album that i can think or right now is SymX's "V".
It was the first SymX album that i heard.
That's a masterpiece to me. When i heard first time my jaws falls down...... :OMG:

Take care friends :wave:

Good to have you on board.

I would put in that "Wave" smiley but I'm too lazy to go into "Advance Reply" lol

Your also not the only new member. There has been heaps of new members on board. Which is all good.

I find The Towers Of Avarice a bit to repititious. The riffs start to sound very simillar after a while. But then again, thats only IMO

I have a definite top 3, but after the top 3 it's just too hard to decide what I like best...

Boston - Boston
Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy
In Flames - Whoracle

honorable mentions:
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Metallica - Master of Puppets
I know I gotta be forgetting something here.....

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I find The Towers Of Avarice a bit to repititious. The riffs start to sound very simillar after a while. But then again, thats only IMO

It's understandable, and it's kind of the point. The repetition fits the mood and theme of the story. Makes it seem more mechanical, more machine-like, kind of like the workers who build the towers have become. But there is a lot of variety there, you just have to have patience. The interplay between the drums and bass is incredible and Erik's vocals are eerily amazing. Not to mention some amazing leads and solos.

Come on people...

1) Fates Warning "A Pleasant Shade of Gray"
2) Conception "In Your Multitude"
3) Symphony X "Divine Wings..."

Honorable mentions to:
Green Carnation "light of day day of darkness"
Pain of Salvation "Entropia"
Nevermore "Dreaming Neon Black"

disco.somtime.fr.gif

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
It's Rhapsody's drummers old band.

Interesting way of looking at it...but yeah, it's true. Sieges Even began as a knockoff of technical thrash masters Watchtower, but then gradually developed their own unique technical prog sound. A Sense of Change (their 3rd release) was their softest album. Personally, I like Uneven (5th release) the best, then Sophisticated (4th release). I think Liquid Tension Experiment borrowed heavily from those two discs (just to give you a good reference point as to how they sound). The only complaint that can be made about Sieges Even is the horrible singer on the first two releases. Great stuff; if you can find a copy of Sophisticated, sell it to me or die :)