Greatest Album of all time?

There are three things that influenced this choice. Wonderment, amazment and "How da fuck did they do that shit"-ment
DT - Awake - Wonderment
SyX - The Od' - Amazment
Spiral Architect - What do you think??!?!?!

There are three things that influenced this choice. Wonderment, amazment and "How da fuck did they do that shit"-ment
DT - Awake - Wonderment
SyX - The Od' - Amazment
Spiral Architect - A skeptics universe - What do you think??!?!?!

first of all, this thread should be called "best album that youve ever heard, cause if you havnt listened to every albulm of all time, you shouldnt post here (with the exception of what im doin). Second, most of you people have to broaden your musical spectrum a bit from progressive, neo classical, classical and other types of shred metal. Dont get me wrong, progressive metal will always have a special place in my musical heart, but there exists some REALLY good fucking music out there. Anyone ever here of fusion? bands like the Mahavishnu Orchestra? These guys fuckin solo their asses off and write crazy ass songs. Then theres stuff like stoner rock (no you dont have to be a stoner to enjoy this music). Its mainly driving heavy guitar riffs with super fuzzed bass. Some stoner bands are: Kyuss (talkin old school), The Atomic Bitchwax, Fu Manchu (the early stuff), and a band called Queens of the Stone Age that has been around for a while and is now quite popular and. . . what's that. . .THEY STILL WRITE GOOD SONGS. One more type of music is straight up new orleans funk, done perfectly by The Meters. Youre not going to find crazy technical stuff (cept for in Mahavishnu), but hopefully most of you will get alot out of this expansion. Maybe you all do listen to lots of different types of music, but judging from these greatest album picks, you really dont. Im not here to scold you, im here to encourage you. I really didnt want to say all this in a Symph X forum (seems out of place), but i feel it had to be said. And besides, who can ever give an answer to the question that this post poses? i can't

I love fusion dude! I can hear that Spiral Architect takes alot of fusion elements.

Does anyone have Greg Howe's "Hyperacuity" (Hyperablabababa) its some crazy shred-fusion.

For me...
either Sym X's Divine wings or DT's Images and Words

I guess because when I first got into prog-metal, they were the only two cd's I'd listen to for about 10 months.

Polyeidus said:
In retrospect, for all... I'm thinking either Beatles - Revolver or O.K. Computer by Radiohead.

there we go!, lets get more of Polyeidus' "outside of the box" suggestions. Those are two incredible albums

As an album probobly Rush - Signals, but Permanent Waves is not far behind. Dream Theater's Images and Words is up there. Also Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses.

For me, some of the "greatest" are:
SYMPHONY X - all
RUSH - all
ZEBRA - all
MANOWAR - all
NINE INCH NAILS - Pretty Hate Machine
DEPECHE MODE - Ultra, Songs Of Faith And Devotion
PINK FLOYD - The Division Bell
KANSAS - Leftoverture, Power, In The Spirit Of Things
KISS - The Elder
JUDAS PRIEST - Painkiller
QUEENSRYCHE - Operation: Mindcrime, Rage for Order
EVERGREY - In Search Of Truth
SAVATAGE - Streets
FATES WARNING - Parallels, Perfect Symmetry
DREAM THEATER - When Dream And Day Unite, Images and Words, Awake
CONCEPTION - Flow, In your Multitude
THRESHOLD - Hypothetical, Psychodelikatessen
BEYOND TWILIGHT - The Devil's Hall of Fame

All Symphony X Albums (yeah, including the first as it's being rerecorded)
Rush - "Caress Of Steel" and "A Farewell To Kings"
Sieges Even - "A Sense Of Change" PERFECT ALBUM!
Iron Maiden - "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son"
The Outlaws - "The Outlaws"